Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

suspension problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 10:04 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default suspension problem

hey ok i have started hearing like a squeaking noise when i go around hard corners and when i hit big bumps i wanna say it has something to do with either my tires hitting the fender or something with the breaks because it seams to happen when i am breaking i have 18" wheels and 275 tire in the back with stock shocks and an eibach pro kit does anyone have any idea whats wrong?? thanks!!
Old 06-07-2010, 03:03 PM
TECH Regular

My old catback use to rub with the eibach lowering springs. It was the exhaust over the axle tube banking when i went over the bumps an sqeaking/creaking. I would un-lower the car an go back to your stock ride height because all it is going to do is wear out alot of things in the long run an tear up stuff underneath your car unless you live somewhere where the roads are super nice.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:08 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello
Just a few other suggestions for you! I would look to see what type of shape your bushings are in as well as the end links. If they are stock it is a possibility that they are shot. Also look at the hardware as well. If its corroded they will breakdown and snap. If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help.
Thanks
Brad
Old 06-08-2010, 02:38 AM
Staging Lane

yea i want a lowered car i hate the looks of the 4x4 stock springs if i got shocks would that help out my cause?? eibach pro kit and bilsteins?
Old 06-08-2010, 07:11 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 99ls1fbody
yea i want a lowered car i hate the looks of the 4x4 stock springs if i got shocks would that help out my cause?? eibach pro kit and bilsteins?
Yeah lowered vehicles handle awesome. But keep in mind when you lower a vehicle the rear end shifts. And you will need to go with a adjustable pan hard bar to allow you to recenter the rear end back under the vehicle. But like a mentioned check out the condition on the bushings and hardware as well I am sure that is were your noise is coming from. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
Thanks
Brad
Old 06-08-2010, 07:23 AM
On The Tree

Not to mention you also need a set of LCA relocation brackets to reset the geometry on the rear end if you plan on lowering the car.

I'd do what Brad says, check all of the bushings and end links. Don't just look at them, move them around. It's easy to do so with a pry bar so you can see if there's any excess flex.

Quick Reply: suspension problem