Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Drivers Side (front) CTS-V Caliper

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 04:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Drivers Side (front) CTS-V Caliper

Does anybody have any in stock or for sale? I have placed an order over a month ago from SDPC and they have the passenger caliper and both pin kits in stock ready to ship but GM has the drivers side caliper on backorder with no immediate plans to get any more.

If anybody can point me in the right direction to get a drivers side CTS-V front caliper, it would be more that amazing.

Thank you!
Old 06-09-2010, 07:00 PM
On The Tree

have u tried gmparstdirect?
Old 06-09-2010, 08:16 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some of the CTS CALIPERS are the same as C5/C6 calipers.
Dale
Old 06-09-2010, 10:09 PM
On The Tree

ok but he wants the cts v calipers. they are 4 piston brembos. they are hard to find. i got mine from a company that rebuild and powder coats brembos. if you want i can give you the name of the yard i got mine from. they look great and work even better.
Attached Thumbnails Drivers Side (front) CTS-V Caliper-getattachment.jpg  
Old 06-10-2010, 02:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jastone
have u tried gmparstdirect?
Yes. But places like SDPC and GMpartsdirect get special order parts from GM, aka none of them have them on hand. So it doesn't matter who I order them new from, as GM has the calipers on permanent backorder for some reason. If I bought a brand new CTS-V and had a caliper go out and GM was unable to replace it only after 3 years of owning a brand new vehicle, I'd be pissed. That's how I see it.

Originally Posted by 76LS1BIRD
Some of the CTS CALIPERS are the same as C5/C6 calipers.
Dale
No they are not.

Originally Posted by jastone
ok but he wants the cts v calipers. they are 4 piston brembos. they are hard to find. i got mine from a company that rebuild and powder coats brembos. if you want i can give you the name of the yard i got mine from. they look great and work even better.
Pm'ed. Thanks.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:41 AM
TECH Resident

yeah theyre a specialty item. maybe parts taxi might have em instock??
Old 06-10-2010, 01:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Killer_Z
yeah theyre a specialty item. maybe parts taxi might have em instock??
Just called them and they are out of stock too, but they said they have them on order through GM, too. Aka it's the same story as through SDPC. GM is dropping the ball, in other words. lol.

Edit: If anybody knows any other potential sponsors/vendors here that could potentially carry the calipers in stock so I can call them let me know. If there is any other ideas you can PM me, too. I'd greatly appreciate it.

I just got a lead from Jastone here via PM (thanks man) so I'm going to see if it pans out.

Last edited by CranMaro99; 06-10-2010 at 01:14 PM.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:59 AM
TECH Resident

u have a ppm
Old 07-05-2010, 09:31 AM
TECH Resident

bump... did u ever get them installed? if so post up pics.
Old 07-08-2010, 04:40 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by CranMaro99
Just called them and they are out of stock too, but they said they have them on order through GM, too. Aka it's the same story as through SDPC. GM is dropping the ball, in other words. lol.

Edit: If anybody knows any other potential sponsors/vendors here that could potentially carry the calipers in stock so I can call them let me know. If there is any other ideas you can PM me, too. I'd greatly appreciate it.

I just got a lead from Jastone here via PM (thanks man) so I'm going to see if it pans out.
Not necessarily the same story. I've been known to be more creative with sourcing parts then some of the others listed. I have tracking information on the calipers that I have incoming. Scheduled delivery is Thursday of next week. At that time I will have 3 of each side.

Yes we do all order from GM, but it's a matter of how you order, who you order through, and what little white lies you are willing to tell GM corporate in order to get parts to customers.

Thanks
Kevin
www.PartsTaxi.com
Old 07-09-2010, 11:53 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by PartsTaxi.com
Not necessarily the same story. I've been known to be more creative with sourcing parts then some of the others listed. I have tracking information on the calipers that I have incoming. Scheduled delivery is Thursday of next week. At that time I will have 3 of each side.

Yes we do all order from GM, but it's a matter of how you order, who you order through, and what little white lies you are willing to tell GM corporate in order to get parts to customers.

Thanks
Kevin
www.PartsTaxi.com
I like ur style Kevin, I like ur style

Quick Reply: Drivers Side (front) CTS-V Caliper