Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Cant get STB on new Upper Mount (Passenger Side)

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 02:28 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cant get STB on new Upper Mount (Passenger Side)

So I put Strano Springs with SLP Bilstein Shocks...and a 35mm FSB at the same time. During dissessembly I realized my upper mounts were shot. I had to cut the stock ones up just to get the shock off for the spring perches. Anyways, I bought new upper mounts for the strut and buttoned everything back up. Very last thing to go on is the STB, however the passenger side "inside front" bolt isn't coming up high enough to get a bolt on it. I have a BMR STB...no issues before. I'm autox'ing this weekend and need to fix this before I go. Any ideas? If I can't resolved it I'm going to take off the STB for the race which I DON'T want to do.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:16 PM
Launching!

Disregard...took off the stb...put a nut on it....tightened down real good...that pulled enough thread up to get the stb back on and a full nuts worth thread tight....that was weird
Old 06-16-2010, 04:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 215 Likes on 176 Posts

i find that some aftermarket mounts have shorter nuts than the GM ones.....ask me how i know
Old 06-16-2010, 09:29 AM
TECH Junkie

Hmmm... that doesn't sound safe. Maybe it is... what kind of mounts are they? You have any pics of the amount of available thread?

Quick Reply: Cant get STB on new Upper Mount (Passenger Side)