Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

drum to disc conversion and abs delete

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 12:24 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default drum to disc conversion and abs delete

so i am doing a 3.4 to lt1 swap on my 94 camaro and that includes swapping the open 10 bolt w/ drums to a ws6 posi with disc. any advice on how to get the brakes to work and i also want to delete my abs. basically i wanna go straight from the reservor to the brakes. i dont give 2 ***** about abs. any help would be great and pics too!
Old 06-11-2010, 12:58 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Take the rear end out there are the brake line that that has a rubber hose, that runs from the body to the top of the center of the pumpkin. That is the only thing that you need to disconnect and re connect when swapping the brakes over. If you WS6 had TCS it maybe a lil different. One of the sponsors sell ABS delete kits.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:45 PM
On The Tree

Here's your ABS delete options:

http://www.sjmmanufacturing.com/cam_brk_lt1.html
Old 06-11-2010, 08:23 PM
TECH Resident

im not looking to spend money. cant i just run lines straight from the reservior to the brakes?
Old 06-11-2010, 09:26 PM
On The Tree

You can, but you should at least pony up the $40 for the Wilwood proportion valve that they sell (this is what I did). Without it, you won't be able to adjust the rear brakes so that they come on properly. There's a chance that your front end will dive too much or the rear brakes could get applied too early.

Don't cheap out on something that your life relies on every time you step into the car...
Old 06-11-2010, 10:19 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Emulsifide
You can, but you should at least pony up the $40 for the Wilwood proportion valve that they sell (this is what I did). Without it, you won't be able to adjust the rear brakes so that they come on properly. There's a chance that your front end will dive too much or the rear brakes could get applied too early.

Don't cheap out on something that your life relies on every time you step into the car...
ok thanks for the advice
Old 06-12-2010, 09:08 PM
Launching!

Do at least what emulsified suggested. You need the valve. If you can't afford the base kit, as long as time/gas isn't an issue, you can attempt to make your own kit up. We can offer you fittings or other specialized components you are not going to find at the most auto stores.

Quick Reply: drum to disc conversion and abs delete