Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

ABS/TCS delete?

Old 06-11-2010, 05:39 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default ABS/TCS delete?

is SJM still around? Im getting a new rear end and my abs and tcs dont work as it is because of my tire size difference so im just going to save the money and delete everything and was wodnering who sells a good kit to delete everythign
Old 06-11-2010, 06:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SMJ all the way man. their kit came with everything you need.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's your lazy link lol:

http://www.sjmmanufacturing.com/cam_brk_ls1.html
Old 06-11-2010, 11:04 PM
11 Second Club

Lol I know about that link I was just wondering if there were any other companies
Old 06-12-2010, 08:59 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SS4Luck
Lol I know about that link I was just wondering if there were any other companies
That's about it. If you want to save some money and you have no need for a link lock, buy the Wilwood proportion valve only for $40 and hit up your local car parts store for the proper fittings you will need. Bend the lines yourself and you can easily get away with doing the delete for under $40-$70.
Old 06-12-2010, 02:06 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Emulsifide
That's about it. If you want to save some money and you have no need for a link lock, buy the Wilwood proportion valve only for $40 and hit up your local car parts store for the proper fittings you will need. Bend the lines yourself and you can easily get away with doing the delete for under $40-$70.
the problem is i do need a line lock though. The local track isnt completely flat and its such a bitch to have to worry about rolling through the lights every time
Old 06-12-2010, 08:56 PM
Launching!

Thanks for the support and reference emulsified. We're still here. Building a kit from scratch, you can do it but it really isn't much of a savings. Especially if you factor in time. The wilwood proportioning valve with tax/shipping will be ~50.00 and basic lines add 20.00. When you remove ABS you completely remove any bias controlling. You NEED a proportioning valve to tune your brake system. No bias controllability and no tuning...You've got about as much luck as hitting the lottery and your system being correct with no ABS or no bias adjustability.

You'll still need fittings, line and time to play around with something that will work for you. The base kit with the proportioning valve, lines every fitting and preformed lines are only 139.99. If you're one of the few that want a custom configured kit, we do offer customers that want everything they need but want to create their own custom formed kit all the parts necessary. This removes the hassle of searching everywhere trying to locate OEM style fittings without adapting to make something work. The cost is still the same for the kit with non-preformend lines. The material components actually increase as though the lines are not formed; we supply additional fittings to meet varied custom needs.

The best method in my opinion is to use the prefabricated kit which places the components away from heat sources for prolonged life ease of installation and adjustment and repeatable results.

Let me know if anyone has any other questions or comments.

Last edited by SJMMFGINC; 06-12-2010 at 09:10 PM.
Old 06-13-2010, 02:01 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks SJM i will be calling you this week
Old 06-14-2010, 03:20 PM
TECH Regular

What is the best way to start of adjusting the proportioning valve?? Start 1/2 way and go from there?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ABS/TCS delete?