Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

LCA adjustment question.

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 05:38 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question LCA adjustment question.

Ok a little backround on my car with the mods in my sig and right after I put the adjustable LCA's on my car it would dead hook on the street almost every time I floored it from a dead stop. Now this was on pretty much brand new MT ET streets and I have since put about 7500-10,000 miles on the tires.

Now when I floor it from a stop I get quite a bit of wheel spin. Not enough to have to let out but probably 30-50 feet before it hooks.

So my question is: Is the wheel spin a result of used MT's or that my LCA's might need adjusted?

What little tread that are on these tires new still looks pretty good. I really can't tell much of a difference from when they were new.

Thanks for any help.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

What tires did you have in the back before?
Old 06-18-2010, 08:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Probably because of the used ET's.. how many years old are they?

Old tires really lose their traction big time. This is why I always buy a fresh set of two for the back. When the next year comes I swap them to the front because I don't have understeer issues in my racing events.. just oversteer.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:50 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99Bluz28
What tires did you have in the back before?
This is always with the MT ET Streets.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:51 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by z28bryan
Probably because of the used ET's.. how many years old are they?

Old tires really lose their traction big time. This is why I always buy a fresh set of two for the back. When the next year comes I swap them to the front because I don't have understeer issues in my racing events.. just oversteer.
They are exactly 1 year old this june.
Old 06-19-2010, 06:58 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd also be inclined to agree with those that say it's a function of your tires getting "old". However, have you checked your other suspension components over anyway, just to make sure that nothing else has worn?

Just out of curiousity, have you had your car on a 4 wheel alignment rack, and checked the thrust angle? In my opinion, the biggest advantage of an adjustable LCA is the ability to get the front and rear "axles" dead on paralell to each other.

I'm sure that the adjustable LCAs appear to help your "off the line traction", but I think it's due more to the poly bushings or rod ends that the LCAs use, instead of the rubber bushings the OE arms have, especially the late 4th gen arms, with the fluted bushings.
Old 06-19-2010, 12:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its the tires bro. Thats a lot of miles for et streets.
Old 06-19-2010, 12:46 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by leadfoot4
I'd also be inclined to agree with those that say it's a function of your tires getting "old". However, have you checked your other suspension components over anyway, just to make sure that nothing else has worn?

Just out of curiousity, have you had your car on a 4 wheel alignment rack, and checked the thrust angle? In my opinion, the biggest advantage of an adjustable LCA is the ability to get the front and rear "axles" dead on paralell to each other.

I'm sure that the adjustable LCAs appear to help your "off the line traction", but I think it's due more to the poly bushings or rod ends that the LCAs use, instead of the rubber bushings the OE arms have, especially the late 4th gen arms, with the fluted bushings.

I have had it on a 4 wheel alignment rack but that was 2 years ago and before I put the LSA's and the MT ET Streets on.

My first thought it was the tires too because I have not made and adjustments to the LCA's or any other parts of the suspension. But the tires still look really good, however I have nothing to compare them with except from my memory when they were new.

Anyways thanks for all the suggestions.
Old 06-19-2010, 01:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by HuggerOrangeZ
..... But the tires still look really good, however I have nothing to compare them with except from my memory when they were new.

Anyways thanks for all the suggestions.
Thing is, the tires may look good, but as you coutinue to heat cycle them, they get dried and harder, so they just stop hooking up....
Old 06-19-2010, 02:16 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by leadfoot4
Thing is, the tires may look good, but as you coutinue to heat cycle them, they get dried and harder, so they just stop hooking up....

Yep this is probably whats doing it. The tires have been on my car for 1 year and I even stored the car this past winter with them on. Probably not the best thing to do but the grip is still a hell of a lot better than the GS-D3 street tires.

Thanks
Old 06-21-2010, 07:13 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello
Like mentioned above this situation had nothing to do with your adjustment on the rear LCA's. It is due to the compound of the tires. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
Thanks
Brad
Old 08-08-2012, 06:23 PM

Guy's I am new to ls1 tech, Have a 72 z28 my father left me and a v6 base 4th gen I bought a few months ago, So the v6 had been hit on the rear quarter panel which I replaced welded it all up it fits perfect. I bought C5 corvette rims and 30mm spacers to give the rear end a wider look. So I drove this car down the road and I hit a bump. On the driver side where I had gotten hit the tire sidewall was cut on the outside. Not enough to destroy the tire but enough to make me freak a little at the cost of the new F1's I just put on the car. Does anyone think maybe its the LCA'S need to be replaced with adjustable ones The pan had bar looks good but then I am just guessing. I know it has good springs I replaced them when I bought the car along with new blistens. The car is not lowered. Just my daily driver for gas mileage.

Quick Reply: LCA adjustment question.