Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Question about installing SJM abs delete and new lines

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 12:34 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Question about installing SJM abs delete and new lines

Im halfway through installing SJMs abs delete, and im ******* as far as mobility and mouting to the T fittings.

I was thinking of finding braided/bendable lines to run from the proportioning valve and line lock selenoid to the t fitting of the brakes.

does this sound like it would work? Any idea on where i could find the right ones to work? or should i just knuckle under and run the ti fitting under the car using their pre bent lines?
Old 06-24-2010, 06:03 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hopefully I've answered your questions in your email. Referring to the directions, there are two methods of installation. As mentioned, feel free to call me. I will take as much time as necessary to answer questions or concerns and help walk you through the install if you need it.

Regarding adding braided lines (for others which may be wondering/considering adding braided lines to their brake system), never add braided lines to your braking system. It will decrease brake response due to line expansion.

A general rule of thumb is replace rubber with braided, replace braided for steel never go backwards.

Steve
Engineer
SJM Manufacturing Inc.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:26 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SJMMFGINC
Hopefully I've answered your questions in your email. Referring to the directions, there are two methods of installation. As mentioned, feel free to call me. I will take as much time as necessary to answer questions or concerns and help walk you through the install if you need it.

Regarding adding braided lines (for others which may be wondering/considering adding braided lines to their brake system), never add braided lines to your braking system. It will decrease brake response due to line expansion.

A general rule of thumb is replace rubber with braided, replace braided for steel never go backwards.

Steve
Engineer
SJM Manufacturing Inc.

yeah you did answer all my questions. I just wanted to post here too incase you didnt get back to me for a day or two.

like i said in the email, this problem is 100% on me, i love the kit and it is perfect and i love the detailed instructions.

The problem im having is i *blushing* cut one of the adapter on the stock lines after the braids too short and now have to run the rears down below when i wanted to keep the stock braided stuff on for ease and was going to get a braided line to go from the LL to the t fitting for ease. Tomorrow ill start cutting up the prebent line from you guys and see how it goes
Old 06-24-2010, 06:49 AM
Launching!

Braided lines can be enticing as they are a quick fix for mobility. They do have drawbacks as I've outlined.

Let me know if you need any more help. I'm only a phone call away if you need immediate assistance.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:57 AM
11 Second Club

Thanks man. Im more than likely going to be calling you sometime tomorrow, i have yet to go to sleep yet and its 5am here in cali lol. I extremely hate double flairs and making them after spending yesterday afternoon with them lol. I have the fronts done good, left the stock braided lines in and everything is setup good, the rears im going to wait till i have a few hours of sleep to do. Im just finishing up the wiring, cant wait to test this out tomorrow lol
Old 06-27-2010, 05:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SS4Luck
Thanks man. Im more than likely going to be calling you sometime tomorrow, i have yet to go to sleep yet and its 5am here in cali lol. I extremely hate double flairs and making them after spending yesterday afternoon with them lol. I have the fronts done good, left the stock braided lines in and everything is setup good, the rears im going to wait till i have a few hours of sleep to do. Im just finishing up the wiring, cant wait to test this out tomorrow lol
Post some pics when done my man!

Quick Reply: Question about installing SJM abs delete and new lines