Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

300lb aftermarket spring vs 296 stocker??

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 12:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 300lb aftermarket spring vs 296 stocker??

what is the difference i don't get it? what is the advantage?
Old 06-29-2010, 02:21 PM
TECH Resident

bump!
Old 06-29-2010, 05:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by airforcemanss
what is the difference i don't get it? what is the advantage?
What spring exactly are you talking about?
Old 06-29-2010, 06:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

you sure their not progressive springs? And what are your goals have you got the struts for springs?
Old 06-29-2010, 07:26 PM
TECH Resident

the difference is 4, the question is incomplete, and tell me these arn't sportlines.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:23 PM
TECH Resident

im curious as to why people run a aftermarket 300lb front spring for street cars when the stocker is 296. im just wondering what is really the advantage for weight distribution? ive seen plenty of setups deep into the ten's on here with a stock suspension.

im thinking strano bars (owned) with stange or qa1 SA up front will be great all around setup for a street car that sees the track often. stock springs all the way around, rear shocks stock? (front sway bar removed at track). the rear hollow bar is not dedicated for track use but it will be like a drag bar compared to the stocker.

car will be 10psi procharged with in the next 8 months. car will have full suspension rearend 3.73's. goal is to cut realistic 1.5x 60's on 325/45/17 (a member has them on his 17" streetlites here)

i didn't want to go way into further detail but everyone always needs to know one's goals before they help a fellow techy out . so what is the purpose of those aftermarket 300lb springs? and is my suspension recipe for what i want feasible?

the main concern again, is it feasible to have good enough weight destribution/traction for my goals?
Old 06-30-2010, 05:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by airforcemanss
im curious as to why people run a aftermarket 300lb front spring for street cars when the stocker is 296. im just wondering what is really the advantage for weight distribution? ive seen plenty of setups deep into the ten's on here with a stock suspension.

im thinking strano bars (owned) with stange or qa1 SA up front will be great all around setup for a street car that sees the track often. stock springs all the way around, rear shocks stock? (front sway bar removed at track). the rear hollow bar is not dedicated for track use but it will be like a drag bar compared to the stocker.
Ok, this is why I was asking what you were looking at, because to my knowledge there were no aftermarket 300lbs replacement springs. The QA1s you are looking at are available with those spring because stock springs will not fit them unless you buy a spring cup to go with them.

And while you are on the subject why buy an aftermarket front swaybar if you car is a drag car? Any handling advantage you gain will be heavily outweighed by the drag shocks causing you to bounce around and slam into bumps. Personally, unless the car was tailored to the track I wouldn't be buying drag shocks...

Quick Reply: 300lb aftermarket spring vs 296 stocker??