Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Stock height performance springs, etc

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 06:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stock height performance springs, etc

Sorry if this is all repeat questions answered elsewhere...but my eyes are killing me from looking.

Here's my "situation";

I want to retain my car's (96 Fbody) STOCK suspension height, but I also want it to handle as well as possible for being a stock-height vehicle. I see springs for sale from just about everyone.....for lowering a vehicle. But what about those of us that don't want to drop the car's height (I have very valid reasons), but are looking for something better than the stock setup?

I've decided on KONI struts/shocks....but what about sway bar and spring suggestions? I'm going to be ordering up a MWC fab9 and watts link setup in a couple of months, so that is something to consider.

Anyway, I guess that I'm just looking for suggestions as to what has worked well for others that'll work well for me. The car is going to be a "daily driver" and will see lots of highway and city driving, with rare appearances at the local drag strip. I just want the car to be an all-around pleasure to drive (if that's possible LOL). I know I'm kinda past that point a little, given the tubed front suspension pieces, and the 6-point bar on the way....but thought I'd seek constructive criticism here anyway.

Any thoughts?
Old 07-01-2010, 08:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

If you go with a ride height adjustable lower spring seat kit up front you can run stiffer springs at a stock ride height, in the rear just run the stock springs with upgraded shocks.
A good set of Hollow swaybars (Strano, or Hotchkis) should also be on your list.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 99Bluz28
If you go with a ride height adjustable lower spring seat kit up front you can run stiffer springs at a stock ride height, in the rear just run the stock springs with upgraded shocks.
A good set of Hollow swaybars (Strano, or Hotchkis) should also be on your list.
I looked around a bit, and am not sure about what adjustable seat kit you're talking about. Any idea who makes them? Thanks for the reply.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

FYI, I sent you an email with link earlier.

Quick Reply: Stock height performance springs, etc