Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

umi ta questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 10:27 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default umi ta questions

i have an umi ta, which holes does the ta bolt to on the bracket thats on top of the cross member; it has 2 sets of holes top or botttom
Old 07-05-2010, 10:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think bottom for street or roadrace and top for dragrace. top is supposed to transfer faster.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:18 AM
FormerVendor

Hello
Thanks for choosing UMI Performance for your suspension needs. Yes the lower hole is the stock setting. And the top hole is to allow you to change your instant center for faster weight transfer. If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help.
Thanks
Brad
Old 07-07-2010, 10:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by UMI Sales
Hello
Thanks for choosing UMI Performance for your suspension needs. Yes the lower hole is the stock setting. And the top hole is to allow you to change your instant center for faster weight transfer. If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help.
Thanks
Brad
UMI dude. What UMI TA is this and will it work with an M9? Also If I I have Poly mounts on the engine and tranny, can this TA be used since the angles are no longer stock? Thanks.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Camaro Junky
UMI dude. What UMI TA is this and will it work with an M9? Also If I I have Poly mounts on the engine and tranny, can this TA be used since the angles are no longer stock? Thanks.
Mounts shouldnt matter, as your pinion angle adjustment is on the TA itself.. I believe all their torque arms come with the instant center adjusment on them now? Could be wrong..

On the M9, it comes with its own torque arm and trans crossmember, so these TAs wont work with it.

Borrowed this from Brute Speed:
Old 07-08-2010, 07:39 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Camaro Junky
Hello
Thanks for the question but unfortunately like mentioned above. The M9 (fabbed version) uses its own chrome moly version of a torque arm and relocation cross member. The M9 and the Moser 9in are 2 different rear ends. The 9in will accept any aftermarket torque arm either tunnel mounted or full length. And when it comes to the angles being off, as long as you have a adjustable torque arm you will be able to adjust the pinion angle to -2 or -3 depending on how you would like the vehicle set up. But I will suggest that when a lot of people use a poly bushing on the trans they will get a vibration. So if you are not into that then I would suggest either staying with the stock bushing or if its shot go with a factory replacement. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
Thanks
Brad

Last edited by UMI Sales; 07-08-2010 at 08:07 AM.