Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Body mount torque arm and LT's

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 08:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body mount torque arm and LT's

I just ordered a true dual system from texas speed and they say not to use it with long tube headers when youre using a body mount torque arm. Does body mount mean a tunnel mounted one? So I should be fine with the stock torque arm?
Old 07-09-2010, 07:33 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by matrixiskool
I just ordered a true dual system from texas speed and they say not to use it with long tube headers when youre using a body mount torque arm. Does body mount mean a tunnel mounted one? So I should be fine with the stock torque arm?
Hello
Yes a tunnel mounted torque arm does attach right underneath your seat were the factory tunnel brace goes. Therefore causing a clearance issue with the exhaust. For that particular set up if you are looking for better performance is to go with a full length adjustable torque arm (part # 2205). It will allow you to adjust your pinion angle for the best all around performance. And if you are around 450hp start thinking about getting the torque arm off of the rear of the factory mounting location and mount it to the cross member so you wont have any issues with breaking the tail shaft. That particular part # will determine what year and trans your vehicle has.

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...r8j40djv2me1k0

Below is a link to show you what I am talking about. And you will also be able to see what type of clearance you will have. I couldn't get the pic to be the link but scroll down when you open up the link and you will see what type of clearance you will have on the installation pics. Sorry for any inconvenience.

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...r8j40djv2me1k0

If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help.
Thanks
Brad
Old 07-09-2010, 03:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah but is a tunnel mounted or crossmember mounted torque arm mean a body mount torque arm? Texas speed says it won't work with a body mounted one and the stock one is tranny mounted so I should be OK if I'm right.
Old 07-10-2010, 12:56 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a body or "tunnel" mounted torque arm that is setup directly for the TSP dual exhaust system and even includes a driveshaft loop. made of chromemoly and comes powdercoated as well. pm or call us for details and pricing.
Old 07-10-2010, 06:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah but is a tunnel mounted or crossmember mounted torque arm mean a body mount torque arm? Texas speed says it won't work with a body mounted one and the stock one is tranny mounted so I should be OK if I'm right.
Anything that bolts to, or next to the trans and your probably good.. The tunnel/body mount torque arms refer to the Tq Arms that bolt specifically to the tunnel brace, not the trans or even a trans crossmember (on the relocation kits)
Old 07-12-2010, 07:54 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello
Yes the torque arm relocation cross member still would be called a body mounted torque arm. But I can assure you that you will have enough clearance for the exhaust. We manufacture our cross members to factory specs so if its working with your stock transmission cross member. Then it will as well with our relocation cross member. If you have any other questions feel free to ask. And I will be more than glad to help.
Thanks Again
Brad
Old 07-29-2010, 08:38 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by UMI Sales
Hello
Yes the torque arm relocation cross member still would be called a body mounted torque arm. But I can assure you that you will have enough clearance for the exhaust. We manufacture our cross members to factory specs so if its working with your stock transmission cross member. Then it will as well with our relocation cross member. If you have any other questions feel free to ask. And I will be more than glad to help.
Thanks Again
Brad
I just used this setup to allow for the clearance of a TD setup w/X-pipe (Changed from the tunnel mounted TA). Get the full length Torque arm (Adjustable) and the appropriate transmission crossmember bracket (depends on your transmission) and you will have great clearance.

I fabricated my X-pipe system from the universal Jegs kit and 2 ID-OD adapters and I can pretty much clear a pop can at stock rideheight with my exhaust. About the only difference from the setup you are considering.

Trust these guys at UMI. Their tech support is awesome and have promptly handled any and all questions I have had along the way. Everything under my car is UMI save for my Spohn swaybars (UMI didn't make them at the time I bought them), otherwise my entire suspension would be UMI.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:14 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Afterburner- Thanks for the positive comments, we appreciate it!

When running the TSP true duals we recommend our transmission mounted torque arm, it was deisgined around the TSP duals to not only clear the duals but to offer additional clearance. Below I posted a link that shows the TSP duals installed with our torque arm. The torque arm part # is 2205 and it can be seen HERE- There are installation pictures in that link with the TSP duals as well.

More pictures can be found HERE.

If you have any questions please ask. Thank you!
Ryan

Quick Reply: Body mount torque arm and LT's