Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Drag/Street suspension ???'s

Old 07-16-2010, 12:37 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drag/Street suspension ???'s

My car has been stock suspension and has run 10.67 @129 with a 1.58 60 ft. Just installed an adjustable BMR torque arm and relocation mount and BMR tubular sfc's and it feels more solid. Wanting to get some some weight off the front of the car now so I ordered a UMI tubular K member and was wondering if now was a good time for some drag springs and drag shocks? While we are at it should I go ahead and do rear Lca's and a better rear sway bar. Never really had any "hooking" issues and don't want to mess my combo up, just make it better. Would these mods be worthwhile and is it hard to get everything dialed in? Car is rarely driven on the street but don't want to give up too much in streetability. Any suggestions and what has your experience been from performing a more drag oriented suspension setup?
Old 07-16-2010, 01:16 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by slobird
My car has been stock suspension and has run 10.67 @129 with a 1.58 60 ft. Just installed an adjustable BMR torque arm and relocation mount and BMR tubular sfc's and it feels more solid. Wanting to get some some weight off the front of the car now so I ordered a UMI tubular K member and was wondering if now was a good time for some drag springs and drag shocks? While we are at it should I go ahead and do rear Lca's and a better rear sway bar. Never really had any "hooking" issues and don't want to mess my combo up, just make it better. Would these mods be worthwhile and is it hard to get everything dialed in? Car is rarely driven on the street but don't want to give up too much in streetability. Any suggestions and what has your experience been from performing a more drag oriented suspension setup?
First of all I wanted to thank you for your business and I'm glad to to hear that the car feels more solid now. I am surprised at your times (especially 60 ft/times) with stock components. Most people get excessive wheelhop unless using at least a set of control arms. With your current times I would at least put an anti-roll bar on the car and a set of control arms. These will make your launches much more consistent and predictable.

Take it to the track and see how it does before spending the money on shocks. Honestly, most people running your times already have everything so you are a few steps ahead of the game! Good job!

(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 07-16-2010, 01:48 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by slobird
This is what I did. I just swapped everything all at once. Just go ahead and get the front adjustable lower control arms to if you don't already have them. I have all BMR K-member, torque arm, Front lower control arms, rear LSA' Pan hard all adjustable and strange single adjustable shocks for the front and the back.. I also swapped out my transmission for a th350 and a 8" converter. Once I get my converter right again I will post up the new times.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:51 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by BMR Sales
First of all I wanted to thank you for your business and I'm glad to to hear that the car feels more solid now. I am surprised at your times (especially 60 ft/times) with stock components. Most people get excessive wheelhop unless using at least a set of control arms. With your current times I would at least put an anti-roll bar on the car and a set of control arms. These will make your launches much more consistent and predictable.

Take it to the track and see how it does before spending the money on shocks. Honestly, most people running your times already have everything so you are a few steps ahead of the game! Good job!

**** man I was cutting 1.46 60ft. with completely stock suspension and running 10.90@123mph on the motor. Never had and wheel hop at all!!
Old 07-16-2010, 01:56 PM
10 Second Club

Also, is welding needed to install that sway bar? That is the only part I am missing now to finish my suspension. Sorry for the
Old 07-16-2010, 02:37 PM
10 Second Club

Thanks! Forgot to say that I have the CE 3 way adj shocks on the rear set at 50/50. They seem to work ok but not a fan of not being able to adjust them without taking them off!! Was thinking Afco or Strange SA on all four, front lower a arms, rear LCA's, poly motor mounts and a rear drag bar. Can I expect good gains from these mods and are they worth the expense?
Old 07-22-2010, 11:19 AM
10 Second Club

Getting ready to start on the front suspension and install the UMI K member,adj, lower A arms and was wondering if I should install poly motor mounts? My car is probably 70/30 track time vs. street time. Are the poly mounts the better setup for the track?
Old 07-22-2010, 11:58 AM
TECH Resident

Polymounts are more durable. Might as well n

Search this Thread