Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

I found the cure for my jacked up camaro

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 09:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default I found the cure for my jacked up camaro

As much as I hate lowered cars I decided it was best to go this route. Peviously, I installed some Moog front springs on my SS after I discovered a broken stock spring while installing some Bilsteins, which started this post:https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...g-springs.html

I couldve got some used front springs & that wouldve been better than the Moogs but I didnt want to put used springs on the car. Also after installing the Bilsteins it seemed like the stronger shocks even raised the rear a lil more. I heard a lot of good things about the Strano springs & looking at others cars with them it didnt look like too bad of a drop so thats what I went with. Heres a before pic of the Moog 4x4 edition

Heres a few pics after with Strano springs, much better.

I like how its sits now, its lowered but not too much just right & sits pretty even. A few have said with the Stranos the rear will look lower than the front but I feel it sits very even now. I just got it done tonight so I didnt get much seat time on the new springs but the car did seem to ride good on the way home. I still need to do an alignment though. The only thing I fear now is scraping, getting on the alignment rack & its harder to roll a jack under.

I compared the Stranos to the stock rear springs, just a lil shorter not by much. I didnt get a comparison pic of the rear but you can really see the difference in the fronts.

The Moog fronts are much longer, but the Strano front coils are a little beefier so even though much shorter they dont sag much.

Last edited by flintwrench69; 07-20-2010 at 09:44 PM.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Strano springs/Koni SAs are in the near future for me...can't wait. Stance looks perfect.

Quick Reply: I found the cure for my jacked up camaro