Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

race car sub frame connectors???

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 07:25 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default race car sub frame connectors???

Just wondering if you guys can help me out. What frame connectors are the more serious drag cars running (8 sec car)?? My cars off to the chassis shop next week and i need to get frame connectors still. thanks, Kevin
Old 07-22-2010, 07:33 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello
Welcome to the Forum! What I would suggest going with for a race car would be a set of weld on 3pt SFC's. They tie all 3 of the weakest links of the chassis together from front to rear for maximum weight transfer and to maintain a solid chassis. We offer them in both mild steel and chrome moly (for weight savings) And we have a few sponsored vehicles that tie their tunnel mounted torque arms into the SFC's as well to make the chassis pretty much bulletproof. Below is a link to show you what UMI Performance has to offer! At the bottom of the link is installation pictures to show you how everything works.

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...v2uacruu7u4757

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
Thanks
Brad
Old 07-22-2010, 08:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by AlteredChevy
Just wondering if you guys can help me out. What frame connectors are the more serious drag cars running (8 sec car)?? My cars off to the chassis shop next week and i need to get frame connectors still. thanks, Kevin

First if your chassis guy is building anything that's going to run in the 8's he is going to be more then capable of building a set of subframes.

Second he is also going to be required to use specific size and thickness of tubing depending on the spec for it to be NHRA legal.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:11 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the replies. Yeah, my guy is more than capable of building them im just trying to save him some time. plus i see alot of guys going fast with off the shelf parts. but i would much rather have a custom set. it's an issue of time and money of course.

Quick Reply: race car sub frame connectors???