Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

I want to upgrade my suspension

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 05:21 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I want to upgrade my suspension

I have a 99 Camaro SS and I want to do an upgrade to my suspension, but I don't know where to start nor what everything really does. What's best shock/spring set-up to lower my car about an inch and still keep it a comfortable yet better performing ride? What name brands and such are good for my car? I'm not worried about the money. I'm just trying to build a good street car/daily driver. Please help me out with this, it would be very much appreciated.
Old 07-23-2010, 07:07 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello
I noticed you are looking into a set of lowering springs and new shocks. I just wanted to suggest to you a few other parts that might come in handy for you as well as the springs and shocks for better performance. I would recommend going with a set of non adjustable lower control arms to allow you to eliminate the flexible stamped control arms with rubber bushings. But seeing how you are going to lower the vehicle, I would suggest going with a adjustable pan hard bar with poly bushings to maintain a good ride quality as well allow you to recenter the rear back under the vehicle. Due to them shifting when they are lowered and it will also eliminate any clearance issues. Below is a link to show you what all UMI Performance has to offer.

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...v46v6otb00ua75

Thanks
Brad
Old 07-23-2010, 10:43 PM
Staging Lane

Old 07-24-2010, 08:46 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by tazer21690
I have a 99 Camaro SS and I want to do an upgrade to my suspension, but I don't know where to start nor what everything really does. What's best shock/spring set-up to lower my car about an inch and still keep it a comfortable yet better performing ride? What name brands and such are good for my car? I'm not worried about the money. I'm just trying to build a good street car/daily driver. Please help me out with this, it would be very much appreciated.
Strano springs and Koni Sports (yellows) is the place to start. Afterwards, I would look at sway bars and maybe lower control arms, but I would start with good shocks like Koni's FIRST and also Strano springs. Then you can assess how you like it and go from there.
As the other poster said, try searching on the topic. It's literally discussed at least twice a day, or more.
Good luck.