Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

How do u tell if you have a bad torque arm?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 07:48 AM
9 Second Club

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Question How do u tell if you have a bad torque arm?

Hey guys, I was just wondering how can u tell if you have a bad torque arm? I recentley have had a dunk noise and i changed out my torque arm bushing and my tranny mount And check out the rearend and it all looks good im thinking its in the suspension and it still makes it some times its wierd like it only does it whn the ground is leveled well too me it seems like it. its only from 1st to 2nd gear in my A4 when it shifts and at WOT. It all started after the track a couple weeks ago i wheel hop pretty bad too so im clue less now any info on wht it might be will help. Thanks guys

Last edited by soloman369; 07-28-2010 at 07:50 AM. Reason: added stuff
Old 07-28-2010, 12:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

Could it be the tranny bang shifting or does it seem to be ok? Also have you checked your control arm bushings?
Old 07-28-2010, 07:41 PM
9 Second Club

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Yeah the tranny shifts great it's only whn it shifts it makes the dunk noise but if I'm just driving normal it feels fine only whn I get on it like passed 2500 and Shifts from 1-2 it makes it and the other gears are fine shifting whn I put my torque arm bak on I didn't tightin it to specs I just tighten the crap outta it does that make a differnce

Quick Reply: How do u tell if you have a bad torque arm?