Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

need help bad

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 09:14 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help bad

I bought my car with the lid 4.10s and lowering springs. And since i bought it i can not hook up for the life of me. Ive tried a number of launch techniques and installed UMI lca and relocation brackets. I also have nitto 555 in the rear. Im not a car expert but how is it i cant launch with only 4.10s? So heres my question what can i do to launch better? The springs are elbrich but idk wat size or how much they lower it. If i put my stock springs back on will it fix my problem? I kno lowering it messes things up. If i get new tires or shocks will it fix it? I hav headers and a ls6 intake but i dont want to install untill i fix this. I would like the cheapest route but i think i need new shocks. I just dont get how people with a full exhaust and intake launch fine but i cant? I can launch my old lt1 perfect and it ran a 13.2 and my friends new 5.0 perfect. Ino its the 4.10s but wtf. Im going to put the orginal spring on and see if that will fix it cause i thought i could fix with lca and relo. But no. The rear end throws it self to the right on every launch and i just skid through 2nd, nvr chirped it. Thx ahead of time for the help
Old 08-02-2010, 09:35 AM
TECH Junkie

For one thing, 555 street tires don't hook... they are great street tires that will last you forever, ride comfortably and safely through the rain.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:49 PM
Teching In

Ino their not meant for that but there better then the avg tire no?
Old 08-03-2010, 04:41 PM
Staging Lane

Default wheels

my 2 cts., do you think larger rims and tires might slow the spinning and give a better launch.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:43 AM
Teching In

Well everything in my sig came with the car except the lca and relo. I put those in. And i took my 17's off so the stock SS rims are on all around with nitto 555 in the rear. I just want to know why im kicking sideways on the launch and what i can do to fix it. The wheel hop is gone after lca though. Any idea's anyone?
Old 08-05-2010, 10:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ran 555Rs on my car once, I'll never do it again. Hooked like ****, handled like **** (although I expected that), wore like ****, and wound up cracking across the tread when they were less than a year old. That without any track passes or burnouts, either. The all-season Hankooks I have on the car hook just as well as the Nittos did.

If you're lowered on stock shocks, that could be part of the problem, compounded with bad tires.
Old 08-05-2010, 12:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Smoothridin
Ino their not meant for that but there better then the avg tire no?
They are probaby average.. I guess? What do you consider average?

Now do you want an average tire or do you actually want to hook?
Old 08-06-2010, 11:05 AM
Teching In

Well i mean avg tire as in if i goto mavis and spend 130. and yea im going to put new tire on wen these wear but thier like brand new and i dont want to trash em. But im going to put my stock springs back on after i find the write up for the front cause ino how todo the rear. But u think better tires and stock springs will fix? I need streatable tire though

Quick Reply: need help bad