Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

lowering spring

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 12:37 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lowering spring

I have a 98 TA I want to lower what are the best springs for the money? What else has to be done when you drop a car? I'm going for looks mainly here thanks
Old 08-20-2010, 02:19 AM
Staging Lane

I plan on getting Strano springs in the future.....when i get the money lol
Old 08-20-2010, 09:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have Strano's and Koni's. I haven't installed them yet. Now, I will wait til it gets cooler. They give you a 1.25" drop. You will need shocks. Any lowering springs will kill stock shocks in no time. Yes, it has been done but the ride is horrible. You also need an adjustable Panhard Bar to center the rearend. The rear is ususally off center a little. Not real noticable at stock height.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:09 AM
TECH Addict

springs, shocks, panhard bar, relocation brackets (if you do drag), alignment
Old 08-20-2010, 12:28 PM
Teching In

thanks guys
Old 08-20-2010, 12:59 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

BMR springs have a 1.25" drop for the front and rear. The 1.25" drop has a great look to it, but doesn't cause problems with bottoming-out your car.

The BMR front spring rate is 550 pounds per inch and the rear spring rate is 160 pounds per inch. These rates will give you a streetable, but aggressive ride.

The SP001 BMR springs are priced at $229.95. Compare this price to the price of other springs before you place an order. BMR springs are in stock. We can ship them today if you place your order before 3:30pm EST.

When you lower your car, you change the geometry of the suspension components. You SHOULD replace the control arm relocation brackets and install an adjustable panhard rod if you lower the car.

Save some money and buy a package that has everything you need:
Here's a photo that shows everything :

LSP003 Package Image

Here's a link to our website for more info: CLICK ME

You should replace the struts/shocks also, but if you are primarily going for looks, you may be able to keep your stock struts/shocks.

Allan Miller
President
BMR Suspension
www.bmrsuspension.com
(813) 986-9302
Old 08-20-2010, 01:41 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 131 Likes on 85 Posts

Strano Springs have been around for a number of years and have never changed design or rates. $275 is the price, but that is shipped to your door and when you compare that price to cheaper springs with shipping the difference is minimal for a long-term, proven product that has caused others to make changes to their products.

SP141 Strano Springs are in stock as I type this. We are, from time to time out of them as they are a big mover.

LCA and LCA brackets, even an adjustable Panhard bar are not necessary. They might be recommended (mostly the adjustable PHB), but in no way are required. In fact my own car, which I've won multiple SCCA National Championships with has GM LCA's and no brackets (and Strano springs). Further, when we did the suspension on a certain magazine car and it and the tires cut some 7 seconds a lap off, that car did not have LCA's or brackets added. There are times and places for those parts, but I do not consider them a requirement. I do sell those items, of course, if we find you have a need for them such as axle hop issues.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!

Quick Reply: lowering spring