Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

BMR is a Master Distributor for Koni Shocks

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 01:22 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Talking BMR is a Master Distributor for Koni Shocks

Improve handling and control body motion on your 4th Gen with a set of Koni Yellow Shocks!!

BMR is pleased to announce that we are qualified to be a Master Warehouse Distributor for Koni North America. This is big news for the LS1Tech community because this is the 1st time that Koni has selected an LS1Tech suspension company to be a Master WD!!

BMR has Koni Yellow Kits in stock and ready to ship.
Same Day Shipping Available for no extra charge!!

Koni Yellow front single-adjustable (4th Gen) available for $336 each

Koni Yellow rear single-adjustable (4th Gen) available for $187.60 each

Koni Yellow rear single-adjustable (3rd Gen) available for $127.40 each

Watch for Spring, Sway Bar, and Koni Packages to be released soon!!

Allan Miller
President
BMR Suspension
www.bmrsuspension.com
(813) 986-9302

Last edited by BMR Suspension; 08-21-2010 at 11:11 AM.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:06 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

Congratulations I'm glad you guys finally figured out that Tokico's ain't all that.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 08-20-2010, 03:18 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Thanks Sam!! We are really excited about the opportunity to sell such a great shock.

As you know, you definitely get what you pay for when it comes to shocks. I wouldn't call a Tokico a "world-class" shock, but we like to offer that shock for the low-budget enthusiasts. We are thrilled to offer the Koni shock now as well. This will allow BMR to develop some new Handling Performance Packages.

Allan Miller
President
BMR Suspension
www.bmrsuspension.com
(813) 986-9302
Old 08-20-2010, 05:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by BMR Fabrication Inc.
Thanks Sam!! We are really excited about the opportunity to sell such a great shock.

As you know, you definitely get what you pay for when it comes to shocks. I wouldn't call a Tokico a "world-class" shock, but we like to offer that shock for the low-budget enthusiasts. We are thrilled to offer the Koni shock now as well. This will allow BMR to develop some new Handling Performance Packages.
Why has it taken so long for you to distribute konis?
When coming up with your "handling package" why didn't you use different shocks in the first place?
Old 08-20-2010, 09:52 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
Why has it taken so long for you to distribute konis?
Good question. Koni is very selective about who they allow to distribute their product. Many other Koni dealers buy their shocks through a middleman. Until recently, BMR was not approved to buy products directly from Koni. We made the decision to wait until we were approved before we started to sell Koni shocks.

Also, BMR is a manufacturer of suspension products. Our primary focus is to design and manufacture our products. We currently manufacture close to 800 products for 16 different vehicles. And we stock most of them. A ton of engineering time and testing time goes into the design of our products, so we don't always have the extra time that it takes to become an approved distributor for another manufacturer.

Allan Miller
President
BMR Suspension
www.bmrsuspension.com
(813) 986-9302
Old 08-20-2010, 10:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Talking

I am really curious to hear about these 4th Gen. Koni Struts announced from BMR -- didn't know they were available?!

Still got a better deal from Strano, Master Distributor doesn't mean much price adjustment apparently...

Now I'm waiting for Sam to announce the next best thing...

Will it be Penske, or integrated adjustable coil-overs (Variant?), or...? Heck that's the variety SLP is going with on 5th Gens:
http://www.slponline.com/view_produc...A&BIG=70032A-1

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
Congratulations I'm glad you guys finally figured out that Tokico's ain't all that.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by libertyforall1776
Chrome moly konis?
Old 08-20-2010, 11:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am really curious to hear about these 4th Gen. Koni Struts announced from BMR -- didn't know they were available?!

Still got a better deal from Strano, Master Distributor doesn't mean much price adjustment apparently...

Will it be Penske, or integrated adjustable coil-overs (Variant?), or...? Heck that's the variety SLP is going with on 5th Gens:
http://www.slponline.com/view_produc...A&BIG=70032A-1
I'm guessing being a master distributor at least partially to allow high-volume stocking of a lot of shocks, meaning quicker order-to-shipping time for a company that deals with a lot of different vehicles.
Old 08-21-2010, 12:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by z28bryan
Chrome moly konis?
Dude.. I want some!
Old 08-21-2010, 01:50 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chrome moly konis?
That was hilarious!
Old 08-21-2010, 01:57 AM
TECH Addict

Sam isn't digging the CM much -- but I think BMR might announce Koni Chromoly Struts!

Chrome moly konis?
Old 08-21-2010, 11:10 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Typo. My bad. Thanks for catching that!!

Koni requires ALL of their distributors to sell Koni shocks at a set price. If you buy Koni shocks through a middleman, you can sell them for any price you want.

The good news is that we have flexibility on pricing the BMR Handling Performance Packages. Look for some killer pricing in the near future.

Allan Miller
President
BMR Suspension
www.bmrsuspension.com
(813) 986-9302
Old 08-22-2010, 08:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by BMR Fabrication Inc.
the BMR Handling Performance Packages
OK ... I'll bite.

Other than in a magazine where advertising space is given or on a TV show that just bench races, where are the results of this superior "handling" package?

Who, at a high level ... OK, ANY level ... is running these parts?

I've read plenty and experienced first hand BMR parts breaking under even moderate road course conditions. Maybe things have changed, but I've yet to see a BMR shod car on a road course or AX podium.

So making claims is one thing ...

Strano and I are at odds over almost everything. But he certainly has proven that what he sells can at least make it to the end of an event.
Old 08-22-2010, 11:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by mitchntx
or on a TV show that just bench races
Case in point was today on the same TV show.

A Mustang with a bunch of Roush parts ... comapred to the driver's "experience", stock GT and a Police Crown Vic.

Great benchmark ...
Old 08-22-2010, 11:52 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

OK ... I'll bite.

Other than in a magazine where advertising space is given or on a TV show that just bench races, where are the results of this superior "handling" package?

Who, at a high level ... OK, ANY level ... is running these parts?
The Koni-based handling packages have not been released yet, so there are no high-level road racers using our handling packages. Our technical staff has done tons of testing on our 4th gen products and handling packages on the road course and we are certain that these are the best handling packages available. Now that the packages are available, you will start to see some road racers using these packages.

Allan Miller
President
BMR Suspension
www.bmrsuspension.com
(813) 986-9302
Old 08-22-2010, 12:13 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

OK ... I'll bite.

I've.......experienced first hand BMR parts breaking under even moderate road course conditions.
How many years ago was this? These parts were redesigned many years ago, so you're data is outdated. I would be happy to let you test the current version of the parts that you broke in the past. Please call me with shipping info and we'll get the parts sent out to you.

BMR customers have won more races than all other 3rd/4th Gen suspension companies combined. These victories have mostly been at the drag strip, but the point is still the same. When racers run BMR products, they win. And most of these customers paid full price for their BMR suspension parts.

Allan Miller
President
BMR Suspension
www.bmrsuspension.com
(813) 986-9302
Old 08-22-2010, 01:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

In order to be fair, I didn't know that Frank and Brett were no langer affiliated with BMR. And it was the parts of that era that I personally had problems with.

Claims of redeign, which were desperately needed, I hope have fixed the issues I had.

It's no fun breaking a part ... and parts do break. But when they do and it creates major, significant collateral damage ... well, it leaves a really bad taste in one's mouth.

I prefer to keep discussions like this public so that every one gets value from it.

Ryan at UMI sent me parts to evaluate and have been very impressed with them and his customer response and service. They have been on a road race Camaro for 4 years now and are rock solid.

And the Camaro series I'm talking about uses stock power, stock suspension geometry and 3200lb minimum weights. So it's VERY street-like and an apples to apples comparison of track vs street use.

Your offer to send me parts to evaluate is very kind. If supplying parts for evaluation is your goal, I would prefer you help my racing series and not just me.

We have a National Event coming up in a few weeks at Miller Motorsports Park. Racers from all over the US and in every imagineable platform will be there. BMR exposure would be much broader than just me.

So consider supporting the event in some form or fashion.

http://www.nasaproracing.com/aboutnasa/regions.html

Contact Jeremy Croiset or Ryan Flaherty.
Old 08-22-2010, 01:41 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Your offer to send me parts to evaluate is very kind. If supplying parts for evaluation is your goal, I would prefer you help my racing series and not just me.

We have a National Event coming up in a few weeks at Miller Motorsports Park. Racers from all over the US and in every imagineable platform will be there. BMR exposure would be much broader than just me.

So consider supporting the event in some form or fashion.

http://www.nasaproracing.com/aboutnasa/regions.html

Contact Jeremy Croiset or Ryan Flaherty.
Thanks for the advice. However, sponsoring events and organizations is very time-consuming and very expensive. You can't just do it half-a$$ or else we would end up looking like a bunch of amateurs. Right now we are focused on developing and testing new products for the 2010 Camaro and 2011 Mustang, so it would be difficult to add a NASA motorsports sponsorship program at this time.

Fortunately, it is something that we are strongly considering for the 2011 racing season. Steve at Grassroots Motorsports magazine calls me about once a month and tries to convince me...LOL.

For now, my goal is to convince you that the BMR products are far superior than the part(s) that you broke many years ago. Would you be willing to test the BMR panhard bar for a few races to convince you that the product is much better than the parts you received from us in the past?

Allan Miller
President
BMR Suspension
www.bmrsuspension.com
(813) 986-9302
Old 08-22-2010, 02:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

You should listen to Steve. There are hundreds of F-Cars and Mustangs competing in 4 different NASA racing series. Each use parts you already market.

For now, I'm good where I'm at. Although a kind offer, I'm reluctant to make a change on my car at this point for fear of a domino effect.

Last edited by mitchntx; 08-22-2010 at 03:03 PM.
Old 08-22-2010, 02:22 PM
TECH Addict

What I would be interested to know about is how did BMR handle the parts breaking when you had the issues? What was done at the time to remediate, from the manufacturer?

In order to be fair, I didn't know that Frank and Brett were no langer affiliated with BMR. And it was the parts of that era that I personally had problems with.

Claims of redeign, which were desperately needed, I hope have fixed the issues I had.

It's no fun breaking a part ... and parts do break. But when they do and it creates major, significant collateral damage ... well, it leaves a really bad taste in one's mouth.

I prefer to keep discussions like this public so that every one gets value from it.

Quick Reply: BMR is a Master Distributor for Koni Shocks