Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Lowering With TSP Catted Y

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 11:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Lowering With TSP Catted Y

Looking to lower my car, but i just installed hookers with a tsp catted y, and the y pipe seems like it sits very low to ground already, so my question is wut the most i can get away with spring wise? like can i lower it 1/2 inch instead of a 1inch? or will i be fine with a full inch? anyone have this problem with there TSP?
Old 08-28-2010, 08:44 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can probably get away with running stranos or a similar spring. I suggest putting a floor jack under your Y and THEN tighten it all up. It's not going to make a huge difference but it will give you a little extra clearance as opposed to tightening it all down without pressure on the Y.

My personal car has pacesetters with the TSP catted Y and i'm lowered on Ground Controls about 2". It's extremely hard to get around, I basically have to remember where I can and cannot go. Forget going over speed bumps.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no one can answer this question for you. it all depends on the roads around you and how careful of a driver you are. if you're good with angles, railroad tracks and steep driveways and parking lots are not a problem.

right now i'm lowered 1.75ish front and rear with longtubes and I VERY rarely scrape. I have a tsp Y going on soon and looks like i'll lose .5" clearance, really not too worried.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by KTK Z28
You can probably get away with running stranos or a similar spring. I suggest putting a floor jack under your Y and THEN tighten it all up. It's not going to make a huge difference but it will give you a little extra clearance as opposed to tightening it all down without pressure on the Y.

My personal car has pacesetters with the TSP catted Y and i'm lowered on Ground Controls about 2". It's extremely hard to get around, I basically have to remember where I can and cannot go. Forget going over speed bumps.
Originally Posted by therealcreeper
no one can answer this question for you. it all depends on the roads around you and how careful of a driver you are. if you're good with angles, railroad tracks and steep driveways and parking lots are not a problem.

right now i'm lowered 1.75ish front and rear with longtubes and I VERY rarely scrape. I have a tsp Y going on soon and looks like i'll lose .5" clearance, really not too worried.
yea its just hard rite now cause i have to be careful, and i love the way look of these cars when they are lowered, so im gonna have to see wut im gonna decide doing, but yea that tsp y hangs low
Old 08-29-2010, 10:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wut about the ultra blistein setup?
Old 08-30-2010, 11:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

anyone hear of this?
Old 08-31-2010, 03:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a TSP catted Y, koni SA and vogtland springs. its WAY too low as it is. now, i had the exhaust done when i was at stock height, and everything was fine. once i lowered, i scrape everything, everywhere. it doesnt help that the shop did a TERRIBLE job. the welds look like you gave a 5yo a mig gun and said 'have at it'. every weld leaks, they forgot a band clamp, installed the bungs so the O2s are pointing down towards the road, and didnt tuck it up as well as it could have.

id say lower it first, then have the exhaust done, if possible. if not, try everything you can to twist and tuck it in as much as possible.

if my TA was a daily driver, i would NEVER lower her. not here, not with these roads. your area might be different.....
Old 08-31-2010, 11:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by EchoMirage
i have a TSP catted Y, koni SA and vogtland springs. its WAY too low as it is. now, i had the exhaust done when i was at stock height, and everything was fine. once i lowered, i scrape everything, everywhere. it doesnt help that the shop did a TERRIBLE job. the welds look like you gave a 5yo a mig gun and said 'have at it'. every weld leaks, they forgot a band clamp, installed the bungs so the O2s are pointing down towards the road, and didnt tuck it up as well as it could have.

id say lower it first, then have the exhaust done, if possible. if not, try everything you can to twist and tuck it in as much as possible.

if my TA was a daily driver, i would NEVER lower her. not here, not with these roads. your area might be different.....

wow, yea the roads here on long island suck too, i just had the exhaust done, but im at stock height, just dont like the way the tsp pipe hangs low im hitting some stuff on the road now, im gonna try to tuck it up alittle but theres not much room, it really sucks cause i love the way the car looks lowered

Quick Reply: Lowering With TSP Catted Y