Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

How long should a spring be for a rear strange rear DA coilover?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 06:05 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default How long should a spring be for a rear strange rear DA coilover?

I got my new struts from MWC today after we had a mixup with the original ones and now instead of the struts looking to shorts its the springs that seem too short. They are a 12" 175lb spring. When i put them on the strut today there are only about 5 threads till the collars are all the way to the top and it just doesnt look right. I jsut wanna make sure everything is right before i get everything on the car and get everything dialed in before i get ready to take it down the track. On a side note, these struts came with bad *** mounting brackets like the ones madman sells to move the mounting point off of the rear end and infront of it so the ***** are alot easier to get to

Ill get pics tomorrow.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SS4Luck
I got my new struts from MWC today after we had a mixup with the original ones and now instead of the struts looking to shorts its the springs that seem too short. They are a 12" 175lb spring. When i put them on the strut today there are only about 5 threads till the collars are all the way to the top and it just doesnt look right. I jsut wanna make sure everything is right before i get everything on the car and get everything dialed in before i get ready to take it down the track. On a side note, these struts came with bad *** mounting brackets like the ones madman sells to move the mounting point off of the rear end and infront of it so the ***** are alot easier to get to

Ill get pics tomorrow.
if they are in stock location, they are 12" but your spring rate is too light. I have a 2850 lb car, and had 150's per ls1 tech car rode for ****, talked to strange and they advised me to a #200 spring.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:56 AM
11 Second Club

I had MWC order everything for me, they said that the 175lb were perfect for the rear. I dont have experience with spring rates. Im running 300 up front 175lb rear
Old 10-04-2010, 05:42 PM
11 Second Club

Here are some pictures, the springs are compressed at MOST 1/2 turn more like 1/4 turn

Old 10-05-2010, 06:55 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Have you installed them on the car???

225-343-9029

Quick Reply: How long should a spring be for a rear strange rear DA coilover?