Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

spring/height questions/issues

Old 10-24-2010, 12:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default spring/height questions/issues

So I got my QA1's on the front and now I have 2" of rake. 28" rear 26" front are my fender heights. I have done the hose mod in the rear already. I am hoping my rear settles back down after being lifted up. It seems to be sitting higher than it was when I started.

Being that I have 3" TD's dumped, I can't go down alot further. I am thinking of lifting the front 1/2" and getting the rear down another 1/2" to be at 1" of rake.

I still have my rear spring isolaters and I know that the hose mod lowered the car 3/4" of an inch. So if I could find some rear springs that lowered the car 1.25" and put the rear isolaters back in is an option.

Anybody else have any ideas/options that I can look at?

Compare the pic in my sig to the picture i posted and there is a huge difference in the rear now. Only difference in the two pictures is the newer pic has the QA1's and S60.

Old 10-24-2010, 08:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I should also add that I installed new rear LCA (UMI with the Roto-joint) last week. I loosened and retorqued them and they did not appear to be in any bind. I torqued them with the suspension loaded.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:16 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know you can buy JUST the rear lowering springs from a couple of suspension sponsors on this site. It would drop your car 1.2 -1.25 in. Is there a chance that letting the rears settle for longer would suffice? Maybe wait?
Old 10-24-2010, 10:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah, I am going to go drive it around a bit today and remeasure.

I have drove it enough to settle the rears after installing the LCA's and the front was only lifted to install the QA1's.

I lowered the front 1.25" and it seems perfect.

I might be a little paranoid with all the recent changes I have done to it.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I drove it around for over 10 miles and it is still sitting at 28" rear 26" front. Going to look into BMR rear springs. Any other ideas for rear springs that I can look into. I am looking for a spring that is for all around use for street/very ocassional strip use.
Old 10-29-2010, 01:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I would look into Strano's. They drop the car right at 1.25" in the back, they perform well, and are mild mannered on the street.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:54 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ What he said, you really can't go wrong either way. Phone around, ask for advice, tell them what you're running before jumping at parts. Maybe someone at the company (tech guy) has some experience with your setup? Should'nt be too expensive OR difficult to solve! Post before & after pics when you're done!
Old 10-29-2010, 11:49 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 84 Posts

The S60 has much larger axle tubes, and the springs sit on the axle tubes.... raising the car. I'd love to see you on a set of my rear springs, but I don't have any rear only sets. They'd be superior to the others because the rear rate is a bit softer, helping the car hook and better matching the front rates (since they are soft)--but I don't have any rear only sets.

You could run the set and raise the front to where you need it to match the rear height. The set is a little lighter than stock springs, and you'd see less roll and pitch. But QA1's aren't the best control you can hope for, with any spring--let alone a stiffer than stock one.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 10-29-2010, 01:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
The S60 has much larger axle tubes, and the springs sit on the axle tubes.... raising the car. I'd love to see you on a set of my rear springs, but I don't have any rear only sets. They'd be superior to the others because the rear rate is a bit softer, helping the car hook and better matching the front rates (since they are soft)--but I don't have any rear only sets.

You could run the set and raise the front to where you need it to match the rear height. The set is a little lighter than stock springs, and you'd see less roll and pitch. But QA1's aren't the best control you can hope for, with any spring--let alone a stiffer than stock one.

What set would you recommend for me? I am thinking that I could sell the fronts and recoup some funds.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: spring/height questions/issues