Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

qa1 (hal) front springs on stock shock??

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 11:08 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default qa1 (hal) front springs on stock shock??

ok so i have another thread looking to lower my monster truck of a car.... ive asked aboyt v6 springs and havent really gotten any answers that have validity in points made.....
https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...0-ss-help.html

just went outside and walked under my truck...and they are stock de carbon shocks.

well this is what im running into. I just want the truck lowered (but not so low i scrape everything) but high enough in the rear so i can fit a nice fat *** slick. I dont drive the car much as we generally take the wifes car cause i have no ac , and the exhaust vibration makes her have to pee even more then her preggo *** already does.
so if the car is a stiff ride and i feel the bumps fine. car just needs to be a bit lower in the front and hopefully improve launching. I am on some what of a budget as i just got married and have a monster on the way. so i need something cost effective...buying shocks right now probally wont happen.... but with in the next 6 months it will. i cant stand this truck the way it sits any more.

i'll be taking her to the track more often then not.

I want to lower the front to change the rake but at the same time make the car launch better. my fear is in lowering the that it will stink bug the *** end which is not wanted. i've seen ebiach sportlines and all that stuff. dont really care for a car that low. and not wanting to cut springs or heat them so the car bounces like a honda with hydros

some one any one bueller ? help !!!!

seen qa1 (hal) front springs for cheap...... would it be ok for a little while to run them up front on stock shocks for about 6 months?? or do you guys have any better options?
Old 10-26-2010, 06:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by bigdave619
ok so i have another thread looking to lower my monster truck of a car.... ive asked aboyt v6 springs and havent really gotten any answers that have validity in points made.....
https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...0-ss-help.html
I don't think you will because I don't think too many people would want to put those springs on their cars. Qa1's "drag" spring has a 275lb/in rate while those V6 springs are even softer... You certainly can give it a try and see how things turn out.

so if the car is a stiff ride and i feel the bumps fine. car just needs to be a bit lower in the front and hopefully improve launching.
I am on some what of a budget as i just got married and have a monster on the way. so i need something cost effective...buying shocks right now probally wont happen.... but with in the next 6 months it will. i cant stand this truck the way it sits any more.

i'll be taking her to the track more often then not.

I want to lower the front to change the rake but at the same time make the car launch better. my fear is in lowering the that it will stink bug the *** end which is not wanted. i've seen ebiach sportlines and all that stuff. dont really care for a car that low. and not wanting to cut springs or heat them so the car bounces like a honda with hydros

some one any one bueller ? help !!!!
Cutting springs doesn't "make" the car bounce, if a car bounces its because the shocks are not up to the task of controlling the springs. Now of course if you cut springs on stock shocks (which are inadequate) you will probably be bouncing.
Heating springs can cause them to distort or become brittle and basically fail, pretty bad idea.

seen qa1 (hal) front springs for cheap...... would it be ok for a little while to run them up front on stock shocks for about 6 months?? or do you guys have any better options?
If Im not mistaken I don't think those springs will fit with your shocks, on top of that Im not even sure what height you would end up at being that the shocks they normally come with are height adjustable, so the user always selects what height to be at.
Why not just keep saving up and do it right the first time?

Quick Reply: qa1 (hal) front springs on stock shock??