Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Strano springs and heater hose mod

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 11:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strano springs and heater hose mod

Anyone done the heater hose mod on stranos? I searched the stickys but came up with nothing.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can do it.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:04 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6r
You can do it.
Interesting, I was thinking of doing the same thing when my Stranos arrive. Wont the rear sit lower than the front though? Rake towards the back?
Old 10-28-2010, 10:22 AM
TECH Junkie

You can do it. Probably would sit lower down in the back. Not enough suspesion travel in my opinion.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by leoZ28
Interesting, I was thinking of doing the same thing when my Stranos arrive. Wont the rear sit lower than the front though? Rake towards the back?
That could be a problem, lol. It's an option if your rear doesn't sit low enough, but there's not really an option like this for the front to lower it safely (you can use the Koni's lower perch, but that will cut down on the life of the shock unless you use the upper mount mod).

I think you'd be better of not doing the heater hose mod to keep your suspension travel, but it's a lot safer to use this in the back than the lower perch in front (once again, without the UMM).
Old 10-29-2010, 07:56 PM
11 Second Club

I previously had Eibach Sportlines on my car and loved the look but they were way too soft. So I got Strano springs(a bit stiffer) and did the heater hose mod in the rear but don't like the results. The car sits leveled and with 2 people inside it kinda sits lower in the back. I've been meaning to take the hose off and put the rubber isolators back in so that it sits slightly higher and not leveled. So in conlusion, I wouldn't recommend it!
Old 10-29-2010, 08:03 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by conde'strans
I previously had Eibach Sportlines on my car and loved the look but they were way too soft. So I got Strano springs(a bit stiffer) and did the heater hose mod in the rear but don't like the results. The car sits leveled and with 2 people inside it kinda sits lower in the back. I've been meaning to take the hose off and put the rubber isolators back in so that it sits slightly higher and not leveled. So in conlusion, I wouldn't recommend it!
Thats good advise coming from experience. Did you also change the shocks in your car when you installed the Stanos?
Old 10-29-2010, 10:02 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by leoZ28
Thats good advise coming from experience. Did you also change the shocks in your car when you installed the Stanos?
Yeah at the time I left the stock ones in the front and put in Comp Engineering drag shocks in the rear. Since I'm aiming for a drag setup(and that was the wrong setup for what I want), however, I'm about to replace them for Qa1's all around so the Stranos will be coming off along with those shocks.

Quick Reply: Strano springs and heater hose mod