Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Abs

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 12:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Abs

OK so my gf's T/A low trac light comes on whenever you drive it and while that light is on, the brake just don't work good, when you step on the brake pedal it feels like something grinding and the pedal keeps forcing upward. also whenever it want the ABS inop light, Brake light and TCS Off comes on when this happens the brake same to work OK? any suggestion to what going on?
Old 11-05-2010, 01:54 PM

That "grinding" and forcing upward is the ABS going off because it thinks there's no traction. That's perfectly normal, its the ABS pumping the brakes so they don't lock up because it thinks its skidding.

However...I have no idea why the Low Trac light is on, that's where your problem is tho. Not the brakes.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:17 PM
Launching!

Unmatched wheel sizes could be throwing off the wheel speed sensors. Bad/going bad speed sensor maybe. How often does the light come on? Could the OP clarify the TCS part of the sentence? I can't make out what you are asking of us with your grammar.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:06 PM
Teching In

yeah i kind of figured it was not my brakes. ok so i went under the hood and into the fuse box and took the ABS BAT SOL fuse out and now my ABS is INOP.
Is this a good idea to do until i can fix the problem cuz brakes work great when abs is INOP.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:10 PM
Teching In

johnpate01 not sure what you mean by OP clarify TCS part. but i just got to find out whats causing the LOW TRAC light to come on.

Quick Reply: Abs