Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Stock Height, Adjustable or Non LCAs?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 04:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Stock Height, Adjustable or Non LCAs?

I’ve been looking into getting some new LCAs and was curious if there’s any advantage to getting adjustable ones for a vehicle that’s at stock height? I have no intent of lowering the car, and from what I’ve read the only benefit of adjustable LCAs is to change the gap between the wheel and the fender, but I don’t think that’s much of a problem at stock height.
Also, I was curious about the ends. I know you can get them solid or with poly mounts. Which is better to go with? I only drive the car 2k per year, so ride quality isn’t the biggest issue,b ut I don’t want it to suffer too much. I was also curious how often you have to grease them.
Thanks guys.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only time you usually NEED adjustable LCA's is if you install an aftermarket rear or are installing big wheel/tire combo's that require re-centering. Otherwise, even if you're lowering the vehicle, non-adjustables are just fine.

As far as the ends, if you don't care tooooo much about your ride quality I would go with roto-joint ends from UMI. They're quieter than rod-ends, allow for full suspension articulation, and seem to be very streetable while offering good performance.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:42 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yep...UMI non-adj poly/rotojoint LCA's.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:48 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Get the adjustables just to plan ahead. I'm stock ride height still and thought I'd never have other tires than my 17 x 9 salad shooters. Now I have a street/strip setup with 325/50/15s and I am glad I had the adjustable pieces to help move the rear end around.

Quick Reply: Stock Height, Adjustable or Non LCAs?