Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

brake line kits

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 01:14 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default brake line kits

anyone know a good site or distributer for a full set of hardline brakes for a 96 camaro with tcs....also who has good prices for stainless hoses....i redoing all my brakelines and would rather just buy factory fit prebent lines for my car
Old 03-18-2011, 02:04 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't believe you're going to find what you need unless a dealer has a set of parts as old stock.

The parts are probably not available anymore...I wouldn't be concerned with the best price...just trying to get what you want.

Good luck!
Old 03-18-2011, 02:35 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

contact SDPC about the hard lines. or find someone who is parting out a car. the SS brake lines you can get from Strano or flynbye (not a sponsor) or a couple other sponsors.
Old 03-18-2011, 02:38 PM
TECH Regular

I found a place that sells them but I called them and they couldn't give me any specifics if it was a set for tcs equiped vehicles or not.I know my car has 2 lines running the length while non tcs cars only have 1
Old 03-21-2011, 06:08 PM
TECH Regular

ok time will tell but i ordered a stainless steel set from inlinetubes....i got under my car and took a good look at my lines and it seems the 2 brake lines are pretty much identicle with the exception of like 1 inch where they mount to the abs and the rear hose mount so i just having them send 2 center lines with the kit...i guess i will have to wait to see if i will have 2 ss lines running the length of the car or one shinny one and an old one
Old 04-27-2011, 08:25 PM
TECH Regular

Well started to put these new lines in...let me tell ya if you have a 3 channel and need nice lines these are really nice lines....unfortunately I have a 4 and this is a challenge...the rear maim line is larger than the stock and I need to go buy 2 new fittings to make these work...as for install and rebending these lines ate really high quality and bend so nicely ....the pass front line was a bitch to get out but the new went in with ease....now the flairing is another story...I'm either gonna have to buy a better tool or bring it to a shop to have new flairs done...this stainless doesn't want to flair at all
Old 04-29-2011, 09:14 PM
TECH Regular

well got the lines installed....it deffinately adds some bling to the underside with new shiny lines...am i happy with it...yes and no.....where they run along the frame rail i'm not to thrilled with and couldnt copy the factory route right....these will deff work for now but i think when i get back from the deployment im going on at the end of the year and do a full tear down on the car i'll do it right and just bend and route my own lines the way i want them...i'll post up pics in the next few days once i get the underside all bolted back together
Old 04-30-2011, 04:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Old 04-30-2011, 04:22 PM
TECH Regular

Wow liberty really....I thought I stated I was gonna post pics once I put everything back together but thanks for reminding me that I need pics

Quick Reply: brake line kits