Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

SJM Line lock

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 01:52 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SJM Line lock

I recently purchased the SJM linelock top mount kit for my 02 z28 M6 and I can say I am completely happy with it. Installation is a breeze. The hardest part was finding a place to mount thew switches and LED without hacking up the interior and I didnt want to use the ash tray. I had my buddy cut and bend a piece of metal that fit recessed in the small compartment in front of the shifter. We bent two tabs on the sides to hold the plate in kinda like a spring.

As far as function its flawless and FUN. I did two trials, 1st gear rolling and 1 2nd gear rolling and the car didnt even budge till I hit that button to release the brakes. What an excellent mod. Now I dont have to worry about fumbling trying to get my foot to the brake pedal after dumping the clutch. Much safer IMO. I would recommend this to anyone....and setting up an account at your local tire store hehe.

The only thing I personally didnt like was the momentary activation switch. I went to Radio shack and got a push button on/off switch instead.

Old 05-25-2011, 01:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

good to hear any other picture of the system?
Old 05-25-2011, 05:48 AM
Launching!

I will take a pic under the hood.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:06 PM
Teching In

What location did you decide on for the release button? I plan on buying the SLP line lock soon and am contemplating different locations. I was thinking of buying a T handle with a button already mounted. Another location I was considering was using one of the steering wheel audio control buttons. Since I installed an aftermarket stereo the buttons on the steering wheel are now useless.

Anyone have a preference based on experience as to have it on the shifter or steering wheel?
Old 08-16-2014, 09:09 PM
TECH Resident

Wish i could say the same. for somereason mine doesnt want to engage. Ive tried: flipping the switch to on. press the pedal while holding the button. nothing, tried pressing the peddle and flipping on the switch nothing. what am i doing wrong.
Old 08-17-2014, 06:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Supposedly ONLY the momentary switch is NHRA legal, BTW...
Old 08-19-2014, 10:24 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mean02ss
What location did you decide on for the release button? I plan on buying the SLP line lock soon and am contemplating different locations. I was thinking of buying a T handle with a button already mounted. Another location I was considering was using one of the steering wheel audio control buttons. Since I installed an aftermarket stereo the buttons on the steering wheel are now useless.

Anyone have a preference based on experience as to have it on the shifter or steering wheel?
Dont buy the slp one... sjm is much better unit!
Old 08-19-2014, 10:29 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Killer_Z
Wish i could say the same. for somereason mine doesnt want to engage. Ive tried: flipping the switch to on. press the pedal while holding the button. nothing, tried pressing the peddle and flipping on the switch nothing. what am i doing wrong.
Flip the switch to ON, press the pedal down hard, and press the button with the pedal down then you can release the pedal. As long as the button is pressed your fronts will be locked down
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 08-25-2014, 06:56 PM
TECH Resident

oh so i have to hold the button. I C.

Quick Reply: SJM Line lock