Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

BMR LCAs?????

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2004, 08:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default BMR LCAs?????

I installed my BMR LCAs today and my steering wheel is a little off center. So I measured the wheel base on each side and there is a .5 inch difference from side to side. I didn't tighten the bolts until it was on the ground like the instructions said, did I do something wrong???? I really don't think BMR would have sent out control arms that were made wrong. Any thoughts???
Old 03-05-2004, 08:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Are these LCA's adjustable? Did you measure and/or compare their lengths before you installed them? If not I would compare the two LCA's to each other and to the stock LCA's. If they are non-adjustable and unequal in length then they are incorrectly built. If they are adjustable and unequal, then you need to adjust them to stock length. If they both look good, then I would check your relocation brackets by reinstalling the stock LCA's and re-measuring the wheelbase just as you did with the BMRs installed.
Old 03-05-2004, 08:55 PM
On The Tree

no, these are non adjustable. I didn't think to compare them before. I will give that a try, I appreciate the advice.
Old 03-06-2004, 09:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 99HUGGSS
I really don't think BMR would have sent out control arms that were made wrong.

I do.....
Old 03-06-2004, 04:05 PM
TECH Junkie

no, these are non adjustable. I didn't think to compare them before.
Ya, you would think you wouldn't have to, but in my experience its ALWAYS a good idea to double check just in case... Let us know what you find once you pull it apart.
Old 03-06-2004, 09:45 PM
On The Tree

well, they are slightly different. Less than .25 inches between holes, is that enough to worry about or should I make them give me another set? My alignment guy said it is not a problem, but I want you guys' opinion. Thanks for the input.
Old 03-07-2004, 08:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well, they are slightly different. Less than .25 inches between holes, is that enough to worry about or should I make them give me another set? My alignment guy said it is not a problem, but I want you guys' opinion. Thanks for the input.

.25 inches, that has already made a difference in your steering wheel (enough to notice). There is no way I'd be keeping them. He can realign the car to track "straight" and it will actually be going down the road canted (instead of straight, like this |, it would be more like this / ). I'd ship them to BMR for a refund and order a set from "anybody else". If you are doing poly/poly type LCA's, just buy the Lakewoods, they are cheap and work as well (or screw things up just as much) as all the other Poly/Poly LCA's.

My thoughts.
Old 03-07-2004, 08:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Buy a set of "Trackbird" engineering LCAs. They're PIMP!

Quick Reply: BMR LCAs?????