Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Brake pedal going soft it hits the floor

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 06:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake pedal going soft it hits the floor

Here is my problem and what I have done to try and correct the problem.
when the car is off the brake pedal is rock hard, but once i start the car the brake pedal goes down to the floor.

the problem started when I changed the pads on the car, I used the Hawk HPS pads, I bleed the the lines with new fluid using the valvoline syntec dot 4.

as the problem continued i replaced the brake lines on all four corners with the Russell brake lines that are DOT approved, I gravity bleed the brakes again, I took the car out for a ride and it continued doing the same thing. so I jacked it up again and pump bleed the system out to the point of using four big containers of dot 4 brake fluid.

the problem continued, so i made an appointment with the stealership to have my ABS bleed with there tech II machine, after $100 bucks worth of stealership bull the car still has the same problem they said that's the way they all are, vettes, camaro, cause of the ABS system....

my Goat is an 06 A4 stalled, with LS3 Heads and a rather large cam, 23X/24X/ 112Lsa 9° overlap, do you guys think it could be vacuum related?

And yes I did a search but I could not find any solution to my dilemma...

Any Help Would be Greatly Appreciated....
Old 11-03-2011, 06:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 215 Likes on 176 Posts

i think you need to take it back to the dealer........bleeding our cars is a PITA.......but a pedal should not go to the floor.........BTW i put new pads and the russell lines and a new master...............took FOREVER to bleed it right in my driveway

Quick Reply: Brake pedal going soft it hits the floor