Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

BMR vs. Midwest

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 02:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default BMR vs. Midwest

Which K-Member is built with better clearance for a turbo car.

I'm not bashing but I have heard that Midwest chassis takes a long time to ship out what you have ordered. Not a problem if its higher quality and built better.

In the market for a K Member.
Old 11-24-2011, 02:49 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I ordered my MWC K-member in early April.. still haven't received it just fyi
Old 11-24-2011, 04:25 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

BMR K-member allows the use of 4" downpipes on each side.

We have 11 black hammertone KM013s and 1 red KM013 on the shelf, so we can ship to you on Monday. We have 6 different Turbo K-members, so visit our website before you decide.

Thanksgiving Sale - 15% Off Sale on all K-members and most other BMR products.

BMR K-Members

Allan Miller
President
BMR Suspension
www.bmrsuspension.com
(813) 986-9302
Old 11-24-2011, 05:19 PM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

I order my K member from MWC i dont remember when month or 2 ago, I thinking they make one k member fit all. So they dont have to build muiltiple k members. djfury holy hell thats a wait.
Old 11-24-2011, 06:02 PM
On The Tree

Wow djfury! Sounds like I've made my choice.
Old 11-25-2011, 07:53 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey TTA. What brand turbo do you have?

We've had good success with our K-members on turbo cars. I'll throw our link in the ring as well.

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...Path=7_137_104

We are also in Black Friday sale mode and can ship in a timely manner.

ramey
Old 11-25-2011, 09:03 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Our standard k-member design will fit a 5" down pipe, and the heaviest one we build is only 22 pounds(street version, mild steel, w/ engine mounts included). Our chromemoly race stuff is the lightest on the market and is a proven winner as well.

I am building all the k-member orders right now as I changed a few things in the design over the summer to ease the builds and reduce weight, and all of the current orders will be shipping out asap.

The MWC k-member prices are very affordable and we do have a Holiday discount going on right now... you simply won't get a better quality built part for less. Anyone interested call for more details
Old 11-25-2011, 04:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ssvert99
Our standard k-member design will fit a 5" down pipe, and the heaviest one we build is only 22 pounds(street version, mild steel, w/ engine mounts included). Our chromemoly race stuff is the lightest on the market and is a proven winner as well.

I am building all the k-member orders right now as I changed a few things in the design over the summer to ease the builds and reduce weight, and all of the current orders will be shipping out asap.

The MWC k-member prices are very affordable and we do have a Holiday discount going on right now... you simply won't get a better quality built part for less. Anyone interested call for more details
Thanks for the reply Eric. I talked with Jason this afternoon. He said that you guys had what I needed already built and it would go out first of next week. Look forward to getting it and installing it!

Thanks
Rob Hinson
Old 11-25-2011, 04:09 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by TTA1437
Thanks for the reply Eric. I talked with Jason this afternoon. He said that you guys had what I needed already built and it would go out first of next week. Look forward to getting it and installing it!

Thanks
Rob Hinson
Well thats good to hear. I am sure Eric has been working like crazy, Have to remember this is a small shop doing big things and has parts on some big $$ cars, So if I have to wait so be it
Old 11-25-2011, 04:19 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by djfury05
I ordered my MWC K-member in early April.. still haven't received it just fyi
Ouch indeed, work with us a little here as your order was a hold order per request and we got busy at the end of the year trying to catch up a little and had to rework you in some. Eric is getting all the K-Members taken care of as we speak. I am indeed sorry about the weight but Eric at times can be well lets say A#A$ about some things until he is rather happy with things.
Old 11-25-2011, 04:22 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by TTA1437

Thanks
Rob Hinson
Glad we could take care of you with a M/S k-member and it is boxed up and will go out Tuesday next week.
Old 11-25-2011, 04:26 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by Zmg00camaross
Well thats good to hear. I am sure Eric has been working like crazy, Have to remember this is a small shop doing big things and has parts on some big $$ cars, So if I have to wait so be it
Remind me to send you a X-Mas gift.

Yes we are often confused with shops that are here just to make money and sell something no matter what it is. We are a chassis shop and focus on building things people need at a great price.

The fact we do a lot of custom items has put us a little behind but we build things no one else will do and probably can not do to be honest. At the end of the day we will get you what you need and the wait is well worth it for the money spent and the quality you get.

Not to mention when you call us you get me all the time every time, well unless the warden will let me free then your stuck talking to Eric..

Last edited by MidwestChassis; 11-25-2011 at 04:35 PM.
Old 11-25-2011, 04:31 PM
10 Second Club

[QUOTE=MidwestChassis;15661088]Remind me to send you a X-Mas gift.

QUOTE] You said it, Now I wont let you forget. And OP you wont be disappoint it and I am sure you got a good deal.
Old 11-25-2011, 09:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll throw in another vote for MWC - their prices are awesome, they dont steal their competitors designs, and they dont buy website addresses that are similar to their competitor's and redirect you to theirs

Check out www.umiparts.com

Oh, and Eric has replied to all my PMs in a timely manner regardless of how minor or rediculous my questions are
Old 11-25-2011, 09:43 PM
TECH Addict

Anyone have any pics of the MWC k-member?
Old 11-26-2011, 04:46 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by MidwestChassis
Ouch indeed, work with us a little here as your order was a hold order per request and we got busy at the end of the year trying to catch up a little and had to rework you in some. Eric is getting all the K-Members taken care of as we speak. I am indeed sorry about the weight but Eric at times can be well lets say A#A$ about some things until he is rather happy with things.
Yes I know. However, I was under the assumption that only the rear end was being put on hold. No word was given to me that when I requested you delay my order, that every single piece was being delayed. Lack of communication on both parts.

However, now that TTA has just ordered a M/S k-member, assuming its the same one I ordered, and is shipping out in less than a week on Tuesday, if mine doesn't go out as well I will not be happy. I hope you can see where I am coming from on this.
Old 11-26-2011, 11:03 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by djfury05
Yes I know. However, I was under the assumption that only the rear end was being put on hold. No word was given to me that when I requested you delay my order, that every single piece was being delayed. Lack of communication on both parts.

However, now that TTA has just ordered a M/S k-member, assuming its the same one I ordered, and is shipping out in less than a week on Tuesday, if mine doesn't go out as well I will not be happy. I hope you can see where I am coming from on this.

your application and his are totally different, and that style is the type I am doing first because there were more orders for them. your application type production run will be next.
Old 11-26-2011, 11:05 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by Camaroking1996
Anyone have any pics of the MWC k-member?

there are plenty floating around here on LS!Tech if you do a quick search, but there are a few different styles of them so what you are looking at may or may not be what you find pics of.
Old 11-26-2011, 12:14 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VinR1
Old 11-26-2011, 02:54 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ssvert99
your application and his are totally different, and that style is the type I am doing first because there were more orders for them. your application type production run will be next.
Ok. As long as I have it and all the rest of the parts I have yet to receive (M/S lower a-arms, front bumper support, rear bumper support) by February 1st I will do no more complaining. Can you hit that deadline?

Quick Reply: BMR vs. Midwest