Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

A arm help?

Old 11-24-2011, 06:58 PM
10 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Default A arm help?

I'm thinking of buying a some a arms but I see that they have adjustable ones, whats the purpose? The only thing I want them for is to drop some weight little by little. Also if say I only bought upper ones or only bought lower ones will everything bolt up just like a stock piece? Thanks
Old 11-24-2011, 08:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 215 Likes on 176 Posts

adjustable to change alignment settings........arms are designed to bolt up as stockers
Old 11-25-2011, 07:06 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Buying upper a-arms are worthless for trying to lose weight. Unless your looking for every last ounce you need to start elsewhere. When you swap upper a-arms you are only swapping 1/2 of the assembly out, not the part that actually bolts to the strut tower.
Old 11-25-2011, 07:36 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Vandyke. Our uppers weigh in at about the same as stock. The advantage is strength, appearance and bushing/rod end options. Handling is improved by improving the mounting whether it be polyurethane or rod end. As our website literature mentions, alignment can be tricky with rod ends but can also result in awesome handling with the correct tuning. Polyurethane non-adjustable is a great general upgrade.

Our lowers can remove up to 8lbs total (4 per side) depending on, again, which mounting system you select. Roto-Joints add weight but offset that with great performance and are still lighter than stock.

In summary, if you want to go on a diet, choose the lowers carefully. Add the uppers if you prefer a complete package.

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...Path=7_137_103

Our sale is on so now's a great time to order. We're in here today on Black Friday to help you select. Give us a call. Shopping at UMI is way better than standing in line at Bath-n-Bodyworks...

ramey
Old 11-25-2011, 09:09 AM
10 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Definately better than bath and body works. My mom left at 7:30 yesterday evening equipped with a taser lol. The car is gonna be mainly a drag car that I take out on weekends so the handling part isn't really an issue and I don't think 8 pounds is really gonna justify the cost at this point with all the other little things I need to do. How much weight will I drop going with a K member and the lowers. Also do you sell a panhard bar relocation kit? Im hoping duals are in my future.
Old 11-25-2011, 09:40 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VandykeT/A
Definately better than bath and body works. My mom left at 7:30 yesterday evening equipped with a taser lol. The car is gonna be mainly a drag car that I take out on weekends so the handling part isn't really an issue and I don't think 8 pounds is really gonna justify the cost at this point with all the other little things I need to do. How much weight will I drop going with a K member and the lowers. Also do you sell a panhard bar relocation kit? Im hoping duals are in my future.
Hey Vandyke.

We have packaged kits for the k-member and lowers. The total combo saves around 33lbs, a bit more with CrMo tubing, a bit less if you get Roto-Joints instead of rod ends.

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...cPath=7_137_96

Yes, we do indeed sell a PHB relo. Our site has some good install pics if you click on "larger image".

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...roducts_id=289

Have a good day.

ramey

Search this Thread