Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Bleeding brakes questions?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 10:02 PM
10 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Bleeding brakes questions?

A while back I took my 10 bolt completely out so I would be ready for my new 9" well I unhooked the brake line at the rear and didn't plug the line or anything and the master cylinder ran dry. Now my question is how do I go about bleeding the brakes on it since its abs and what not. Do I just start at the farthest away from the master and work your way up like on older vehicles or is their something that has to be done at the abs module? Thanks
Old 12-01-2011, 05:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

When faced with a similar dilema, I simply gravity bled the system to start. Fill the master and just crack a rear bleeder. Take a short length of hose, slip it over the bleeder and drain into a can. I can take a coupl of hours for the fluid to make its way to the wheel cyl. Repeat on the other side and you should have most of the problem tackled. If the ABS unit is dry you may have a bigger task.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:18 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you have to do the rear passenger then rear drivers, then front passenger then front drives. i like bleeding brakes with the hose in a clear cup so i know its perfect. what i do is get a peice of tight clear tubing from the parts house and put it in a larger container like a ricotta container...(everywhere in my house) anyway ill keep the hose submerged in brake fluid and with the bleeder cracked open the whoe time ill keep slowly pumping until their is not a single air bubble in the line and finish off with the old method an have a friend pump the brakes a few times, crack the bleeder then with the pedal almost to the floorclose it.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 for gravity bleeding first.