Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Relocation Brackets and LCA's

Old 12-07-2011, 06:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Relocation Brackets and LCA's

I want to buy some cheap 79-89 dallor LCA's and put on some relocation brackets. The LCA's will be non adjustable is there any issues with buying non adjustable. Will it throw off my rear by moving the rear tire forward or back and make it look weird?.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:56 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 129 Likes on 114 Posts

If the LCAs' you're looking at buying are the SAME length as the ones you've got on the car now,your tire position won't change.
LCA relocation brackets are fabricated to maintain tire position irregardless of which hole you use,upper for 'neutral' acceleration/braking or lower for enhanced acceleration traction.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FirstYrLS1Z
If the LCAs' you're looking at buying are the SAME length as the ones you've got on the car now,your tire position won't change.
LCA relocation brackets are fabricated to maintain tire position irregardless of which hole you use,upper for 'neutral' acceleration/braking or lower for enhanced acceleration traction.
Thanks for the advice, which LCA's and relocation brackets would you suggest that are inexpensive?
Old 12-07-2011, 07:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 129 Likes on 114 Posts

Factory OEM LCAs' with the rubber bushings provide a more 'comfortable' and quieter ride. Aftermarket LCAs' with 'poly' bushings provide better handling,a less 'comfortable' ride,and more road noise and vibrations transmitted to the body.
Weld-in LCA ReLos need to be welded on very precisely to maintain wheel position. Bolt-in LCA ReLos are difficult to screw up and can easily be removed.
I'm not going to recommend a particular brand of LCAs' or LCA Relos as that's up to you to research and price from the vendors.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:54 PM
TECH Addict

For the relo brackets, a lot of people go with the founders performance peices and have no complaints.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Founders also has the best prices on LCAs too
Old 12-07-2011, 09:24 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

UMI has excellent stuff as well. Ultra premium quality, moderate price, MADE IN THE USA 100%
Old 12-08-2011, 09:31 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I went with UMI stuff. But I would strongly recomend going with poly mount on car adj LCAs. I know a lot of people that ended up buying another set leter because they didnt get the Adjustables. It makes it nice to center a bigger tire or even get a true 4 wheel alignment.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by karpetcm
I want to buy some cheap 79-89 dallor LCA's and put on some relocation brackets. The LCA's will be non adjustable is there any issues with buying non adjustable. Will it throw off my rear by moving the rear tire forward or back and make it look weird?.
In my experience, yes. I bought both UMI LCAs and brackets and even though they advertise you don't I had to move the rear forward quite a bit to get them to line up. It made my 275 BFGs rub slightly on the driver's side. I was NOT happy about it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Relocation Brackets and LCA's