Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

LCA reloc bracket/stock LCA's?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 12:25 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LCA reloc bracket/stock LCA's?

As of now I'm getting a bit of wheel hop under hard acceleration from a stand still, and it seems the answer is going to be going to a LCA relocation bracket and possibly new LCA's. My car is lowered with strano springs and yellow Koni's. My question being if I was to get just the relocation bracket, can I re use the stock LCA's or should (more like need to) I to swap over to an adjustable LCA? I've searched and it seems most people upgrade to adjustables as they have upgraded rears or bigger tires, but I'm on a 10 bolt, and 275/40z/r17 size tires.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 147 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by fly boy_1
As of now I'm getting a bit of wheel hop under hard acceleration from a stand still, and it seems the answer is going to be going to a LCA relocation bracket and possibly new LCA's. My car is lowered with strano springs and yellow Koni's. My question being if I was to get just the relocation bracket, can I re use the stock LCA's or should (more like need to) I to swap over to an adjustable LCA? I've searched and it seems most people upgrade to adjustables as they have upgraded rears or bigger tires, but I'm on a 10 bolt, and 275/40z/r17 size tires.
The stock lca's will fit just fine into relocation brackets.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:31 PM
11 Second Club

Ok, the only thing I was wondering about is if there is a need to have them adjustable? It seems that's mostly for larger tires or different rears if I understand correctly? Thanks for the quick reply.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:32 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

There are people who use the factory control arms with the relocations, yes. The purpose of the relocation is the increase the control arm angle, so the benefit will still be there even with the factory control arms. Ideally, you would like to replace the flexible factory LCAs because of the bushings and lack of rigidity to their design. If you see yourself going to an aftermarket rearend, then I would certainly go with the adjustable versioins over the fixed length.

- Kevin
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 12-15-2011, 12:33 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by fly boy_1
Ok, the only thing I was wondering about is if there is a need to have them adjustable? It seems that's mostly for larger tires or different rears if I understand correctly? Thanks for the quick reply.
Indeed. The adjustables are for tweaking the location of the rearend and getting the tire located correctly in the wheel well. Aftermarket housings also tend to not have the LCA mounts in the exact location they should be as well.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 12-15-2011, 12:36 PM
11 Second Club

Excellent! Thanks for the instantaneous support everyone. I think I'll go with the brackets for now and get some adjustables when I get a new rear set up going.

Quick Reply: LCA reloc bracket/stock LCA's?