Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

how hard is it to align a front suspension?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 11:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how hard is it to align a front suspension?

im not taking the project on myself, but i had a shop around here "align" it. it's a 02 silverado 4wd, and he had it for one whole day, and they couldnt get it, told us to bring it back the next day, couldnt get it straight, and held it for another day, and it is still pulling to the left. seems that he only straightened the steering wheel up. I first noticed it out after i hit a few pot holes that i didnt see. and i drove it a pretty good while after that, but i mean, if you get the camber and toe and whatnot back to factory specs, shouldn't it be normal?
Old 12-20-2011, 01:03 AM
11 Second Club

FIND a shop with a real tech, that truck should be align in 30-45 min or the reason explained as to why it can not be align
Johnny
Old 12-20-2011, 09:10 AM
On The Tree

^^^ What he said..

I don't car what kind of vehicle you have, a tech who knows what they are doing can knock out an alignment in an hour tops. Usually takes about 20 minutes for me to finish an alignment on a Chevy truck and thats if its way out of wack.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:20 AM
12 Second Club

the trucks are easy as hell to align, especially around 02. the new ones can be a bitch cuz the front upper control arm adjustment is so close to the coil-spring (if equipped). But even then for the most difficult ones, its more of a pain-in-the-*** than it is hard. If yours is an 02 and it took all day something is wrong, half hour at the worst adjusting camber/caster and toe on both sides.