Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

What front shocks to match Summit rears??

Old 12-26-2011, 06:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default What front shocks to match Summit rears??

For Christmas, I got Summit Racing lowering springs and Summit brand three way adjustable rear shocks. I didn't get any for the front yet and am wondering what to get. I didn't really see any comparable shocks for the front, so wanted some input.

PLEASE don't chime in telling me I need to $150 a piece shocks and nothing else. I'm doing a budget setup. If I don't like it, I'll be more than able to change it down the road but am just looking for something on the cheaper side for now.

Thanks.
Old 12-26-2011, 07:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by skopers3
For Christmas, I got Summit Racing lowering springs and Summit brand three way adjustable rear shocks. I didn't get any for the front yet and am wondering what to get. I didn't really see any comparable shocks for the front, so wanted some input.
FYI Summit lowering springs are relabeled Eibach prokit.
And summit racing shocks? Never heard of them and they don't list them on their site, got a link?

PLEASE don't chime in telling me I need to $150 a piece shocks and nothing else.
lol, you think $150 a piece for front shocks is a lot??? How much is a good tire?
I'm doing a budget setup. If I don't like it, I'll be more than able to change it down the road but am just looking for something on the cheaper side for now.

Thanks.
Personally I would rather do it once, and do it right, its a lot easier, cheaper and less of a headache in the long run.
What are you looking to do with the car, handling, ride, drag?
Old 12-26-2011, 07:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

They're these Summit Springs It doesn't list them for the application but I know they're the correct part number. or at least multiple other threads on here said they were.
Old 12-26-2011, 10:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Im willing to bet the shocks are rebadged Edelbrocks... find some matching fronts or KYB AGX adj fronts - Summit sells them for $109ea.

...or sell the rears and get a full set of quality shocks like Bilsteins
Old 12-27-2011, 12:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 215 Likes on 176 Posts

those are adjustable drag shocks...........which the eldebrocks are not
Old 12-27-2011, 07:40 AM
FormerVendor

Hey skopers3. Happy morning.

I see those are drag shocks from Summit. That would lead me to believe you plan on lowering a bit and also going to the strip.

The KYB AGX's are only 5% less damping than stock at click 1. Click 2 is similar to stock and then they go up from there. So, if you're not expecting them to be a true drag shock, they're a good economical option.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/KYB-741034/

Even more economical would be these: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MON-72362ST/ but they're as basic as it gets.

The least expensive drag specific shock Summit has is: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/LAK-40525/

Good luck and enjoy your new parts.

ramey

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What front shocks to match Summit rears??