Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

BrakeMotive+BMR+Nitto Tires

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 10:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BrakeMotive+BMR+Nitto Tires

I had posted this on the LT1/LT4 section but I should have posted it here for everyone!

So I've been working on my 97Z project. Latest thing accomplished was the BMR handling package, which consisted of.

-set of 4 lower springs
-shocks and struts
-front and rear sway bars
-rear control arms
-strut tower brace
-sub frame connectors
-adjustable panhard bar

have the control arm relocation brackets that i wasnt sure how to install and the sub frames havent gone on yet cause i dont have a welder and dont know how to weld

Got the complete set of drilled and slotted rotors with ceramic pads from BrakeMotive and 275/40R17 Nitto NT555 Extreme performance tires on OEM SS ZR1 style wheels. 17x9.5 all around.

On to the pics. Ill be posting more up later on.

Here is the OEM spindle after I wire brushed it.

After some rustoleum spray

Here is the upper control arm after the rustoleum paint dried. Left a very nice and durable flat black layer.

Here is the front end with the painted spindle, new strut and spring. You can also see the sway bar going to the spindle.

Here is with the Rotor up to it. I completely forgot about the caliper. I should've painted it black too or maybe orange to match the stripes on the car?

Heres the rear of the car. You can see the old crappy control arms, breaks and springs.

Now with the new components.

Comparison from the OEM springs to the BMR springs

OEM control arms and BMR control arms

How the car sat

and now, here is how the car sits.

The car from stock to this is like night and day! No body roll. Where you turn the wheel is where the car goes, no waiting for the car to find where the tires are pointed.

The shocks are firm but absorb bumps pretty well. The only issue I had while installing the Tokiko shocks is that one of the struts threads were flat. I had to take them to get reworked cause the car was torn open. If i contacted BMR with the issue it wouldve taken too long to have the shock sent back and by the time it shipped back to me. But the new threading did the trick with a new lock nut.

The tires give it great confidence while driving. Smooth and grippy. The Rotors behind the wheel look great! They perform just as good as they look.

Satisfied with the results!!
Old 01-05-2012, 11:39 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks for the post, it's a great improvement both aesthetically and with performance. Sorry about the threads being stripped. We obviously don't make them, but we keep them in stock. In situations like this we can typically send out another single shock with a return address label so you can send yours back once you get the new one. Still takes a few days.

Looks great! I hope you enjoy the package!
- Kevin
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 01-05-2012, 11:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Kevin, I think I spoke to you when I bought the package. I had to send back the first set of shocks back to you cause they got banged up during shipping, but that took a couple of weeks to get done.

I couldnt wait that long cause i had the car on the lift with everything off. I needed it done right there and then, otherwise I would've called you guys back.

The car rides great! no complaints there
Old 01-05-2012, 12:16 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by blackjack325
Kevin, I think I spoke to you when I bought the package. I had to send back the first set of shocks back to you cause they got banged up during shipping, but that took a couple of weeks to get done.

I couldnt wait that long cause i had the car on the lift with everything off. I needed it done right there and then, otherwise I would've called you guys back.

The car rides great! no complaints there
Yes indeed! No worries, it took that long because we weren't able to send you a set until we got the full set back. In this case, with it being a single defective shock, we could have sent just the one to you with a packaging slip to ship the other back. Cosmetic damage is different than defective physical damage that prevents installation. I'm sorry it happened again! We had our guys look the set over and make sure they were good to go, but I think they were just looking for any damage to the shock body.

Glad to hear. Start eating up some curvy roads now!
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 01-05-2012, 12:35 PM
TECH Addict

looks great
Old 01-12-2012, 01:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks!! enjoying the ride! been about 100 miles since the install. seems to be settling in pretty well.

Quick Reply: BrakeMotive+BMR+Nitto Tires