Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Global West setup inquiries

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2004, 02:32 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Global West setup inquiries

I have a global west suspension and I cut out my bump stops. I wanted to know if any others out there are running a similar setup with 275 in front & 315's in rear, eibach pro, GW panhard rod, sphericle adj control arms, track link, koni adj and kenny brown sub frames or something similar. Do you have rubbing issues like I do. What size sway bars are you using, and what spring rates. I wanted to switch out and use a ground control coil over kit but there are too many spring rates to choose. Does anyone have caster and camber adjustments to their car, if so what are the measurements. Thanks
Old 03-21-2004, 10:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We used the GW spring kit in our autox racecar, We dumped the GW supplied springs( which are standard Eibach coilover springs used by all types of racecars and are avail cheaply and in 25lb incriments) GW supplies springs that maxed out our spring tester at 800+ lbs. We added 600lb springs, but should have gone with 550's or 500's if the car was to be driven more on the street.
In the rear we used either a prokit rear spring when the car was lowered, or after we found that the car handled better at near stock ride height we used a SLP Level II oem rear spring. We never added the Track link even though we had it because of the problems it was causing on Sam Strano's car( induces massive brakeing wheel hop) We use the LG arm instead with great results. Also the Track link ripped the floorpan of sams car , which he found when he removed it.
We used a std LG non adj panhard rod and had no rear rubbing after a little hammer work on the inner fender, no lip rolling was needed. We ran 275's as street tires and 315 Kumhos, or hoosiers ( depending on event and cash) on all 4 wheels . the 315's were mounted on CCW 17x11 in rims with the GS vette offset.
The swaybars were 32mm Solid ADDCO front and 21MM 93 1LE rear or 19mm OEM rear( depending on event surface) with poly bushings and endlinks.
We used custom valved Bilsteins on all 4 corners, from Sam S. as we had bad luck with Koni's blowing out in street use( 5 dead koni's in 30K, VS. 1 dead bilstein in 75K miles)
We did use the GW upper front arms with the Del-a-lum bushings. They made the biggest difference next to the tires They allowed us to run -2.5 deg camber for events and -1.5 deg for street. we maxed out the caster and set the toe for 0.0 on the street and 1/8 out for events
Shoot me a PM with any other questions
Old 03-21-2004, 12:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are several threads here that might answer your questions

http://mtfba.org/rrforum/index.php?act=SF&f=3

Quick Reply: Global West setup inquiries