Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

variable and constant...

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 12:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default variable and constant...

so i need new coil springs for my z but dont have the money to get eibach and other brands like that. moog offers constant/stock coil springs and then variable which sounds to me kind of like a drag spring. what do ya'll think?
Old 01-29-2012, 07:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Why do you think you need new coil springs?
And which moog spring are you talking about, do you have a link?
Old 01-29-2012, 09:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i've got 28" tall tires which i've been told(sure hope its right) that they should fit without rubbing. but mainly on my passenger side, when i hit a bump or something it rubs the quarter. and they're just moog springs that i found on rockauto.com. Theyre not "drag springs" but they sound quite similar to me. this is from their website;

"Moog offers two types of coil springs: constant-rate springs that restore handling to its original state, and cargo-coil, variable-rate springs as an upgrade for vehicles that carry heavy loads. Moog's constant-rate springs are built to replace original equipment springs, returning ride height and body sway to original performance levels. Replacing worn coil springs with Moog constant-rate springs restores vehicle handling. The cargo-coil, variable-rate springs change resistance as they compress and become progressively stiffer as the load increases."

Quick Reply: variable and constant...