Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

UMI Subframe Connector options

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 07:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default UMI Subframe Connector options

I'm looking at 2 different offerings from UMI for SFC's but I'm not sure which is better for the money. The F-Body Boxed Style Weld-In SFC's are $169.99 and the other set I'm looking at are the F-Body 3-point Weld-In SFCs $319.99. Are the 3 points really worth the extra ~$150?
Old 02-07-2012, 07:11 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No. No they aren't. The third point isn't even a weld spot and it bolts in at that point. Just get the regular weld in
Old 02-07-2012, 10:46 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by LS-ONE_DAY
I'm looking at 2 different offerings from UMI for SFC's but I'm not sure which is better for the money. The F-Body Boxed Style Weld-In SFC's are $169.99 and the other set I'm looking at are the F-Body 3-point Weld-In SFCs $319.99. Are the 3 points really worth the extra ~$150?
We have hundreds of customers on both types.

SFC's are one of those parts which are hard to quantify the benefits yet are still one of the first upgrades most of us do to our cars.

The difference between nothing and two point is far wider than two and three point based on perceived benefits.

ramey
Old 02-07-2012, 11:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Two points for daily driving and drag applications, three point for autoX and road race applications. I have the weld in two points from UMI. Not a single complain, tied the car up nicely
Old 02-07-2012, 01:32 PM
Staging Lane

Keep in mind if your planning on doin a tunnel mount torque arm you would be better off with the 3 point sfc!!
Old 02-07-2012, 03:33 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sams02Z28
Keep in mind if your planning on doin a tunnel mount torque arm you would be better off with the 3 point sfc!!
Yes this is correct. If you plan on running any type of short tunnel mounted torque arm then we recommend the 3-point style. The 3-point SFC's would bolt under the torque arm and reduces the stress from the floor. Here is a picture to better explain- http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...2004ac_LRG.jpg

The 3-Point can be welded or bolted in the center.

I hope that helps!
Ryan
Old 02-07-2012, 04:26 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
Yes this is correct. If you plan on running any type of short tunnel mounted torque arm then we recommend the 3-point style. The 3-point SFC's would bolt under the torque arm and reduces the stress from the floor. Here is a picture to better explain- http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...2004ac_LRG.jpg

The 3-Point can be welded or bolted in the center.

I hope that helps!
Ryan
I'll vouch for these guys,so far all my suspension parts came from you guys and I couldn't ask for a better product!!
Old 02-07-2012, 07:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have the UMI 3-point SFCs, they're great.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My application would be street driving and occasional trip to the drag strip. Torque arms are a something I'm not too familiar with. I plan on doing an FLT built 4L60E eventually and a 9" rear end which I believe I need a new DS with. I have no idea what Torque arm will be needed at that point but I don't plan on changing the stock torque arm until then so it sounds like it might be better for me to just get the 2 point weld ins?
Old 02-07-2012, 08:49 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by LS-ONE_DAY
My application would be street driving and occasional trip to the drag strip. Torque arms are a something I'm not too familiar with. I plan on doing an FLT built 4L60E eventually and a 9" rear end which I believe I need a new DS with. I have no idea what Torque arm will be needed at that point but I don't plan on changing the stock torque arm until then so it sounds like it might be better for me to just get the 2 point weld ins?
The difference between two point and three point is much less than going from nothing to two or three.

In other words, we have tons of fast cars on two points and a growing number on three points.

Usually the three points don't pose a problem with clearance in general.

We'd love to get you on whatever and believe two or three from UMI are equally awesome.

ramey

Quick Reply: UMI Subframe Connector options