Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Good Suspension Setup

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 08:59 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good Suspension Setup

Do you guys think this is a good setup for auto-x and just general handling for a weekend car? any suggestions

UMI Boxed Sub-frame Connectors-weld-in
6Literdesigns Strut-Tower Brace (for personality)
UMI Upper A-Arms
UMI Lower Boxed A-Arms
Watts link from Strano's site
UMI Adjustable Lower Control Arms
UMI Tubular K-Member
Strano Handling Package 7 - Koni 4/4 Shocks, 35/22mm Hollow Sway Bars, Strano SP141 Lowering Springs

Guess I should Include UMI Tourque Arm and TA Relocation Bracket

As you can see in my Signature I don't have a camaro yet, but why not do the research ahead of time, plus I'm sure the information can be used by someone else, thanks guys
Old 02-09-2012, 10:14 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kuzican
Do you guys think this is a good setup for auto-x and just general handling for a weekend car? any suggestions

UMI Upper A-Arms
UMI Lower Boxed A-Arms
UMI Tubular K-Member
Strano Handling Package 7 - Koni 4/4 Shocks, 35/22mm Hollow Sway Bars, Strano SP141 Lowering Springs

As you can see in my Signature I don't have a camaro yet, but why not do the research ahead of time, plus I'm sure the information can be used by someone else, thanks guys
Looks like the Gold Standard to me.

UMI foundation with Strano/Koni equals corner carv-o-rama.

ramey
Old 02-09-2012, 10:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That would be an awesome set up!
Old 02-09-2012, 11:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 140 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by kuzican

UMI Upper A-Arms
UMI Lower Boxed A-Arms
UMI Tubular K-Member

Are you just fun running, or is this going to be in a class? I wouldn't run anything like that on the street, other than the Strano stuff you listed. Nothing wrong specifically with UMI parts, but tubular stuff isn't necessary, and will harshen up the ride with poly and rod ends.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:43 AM
Teching In

Its not going to be just for street. I would love to do road courses, but since I won't be able to do that all the time I will be doing autocross for fun, and self improvement. Will not be a drag car, but I may do it every now and then.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

good luck on your quest for you 02 ss, and that setup sounds awesome and pricey. LOVE the ambiton, throw it in the wind!!!! when you get all this, post pics and updates, We love em'
Old 02-09-2012, 12:41 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Drokkers
good luck on your quest for you 02 ss, and that setup sounds awesome and pricey. LOVE the ambiton, throw it in the wind!!!! when you get all this, post pics and updates, We love em'
Thank you, I'm trying to get it ASAP, and I know it's pricey, but I won't have much else to spend money on, so to the camaro it goes. It will be awhile until then, but I'm using that time to my advantage. To the Pics and updates I will be doing a build thread and such. Me and a friend of mine (who I'll be renting from) will be working on it, and documenting everything and such. I use this car as my inspiration. exterior wise anyway. I would love to eventually have those rims, but they're 3200....so I'm getting the ZR1 replicas for now.

Though I will probably add a side flag like this one.

I have too much spare time.... There's a lot I want to do, but the Suspension, and the Exhaust are the first things I plan on doing.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:24 AM
Teching In

Also, the watts link how much does it improve handling? I know what it does by reducing or eliminating the back side to side motion, but how much does that improve the handling/grip? is it significant? and they're not like the panhard bars when lowering the car where you need to adjust it?

Quick Reply: Good Suspension Setup