Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

LCA angle

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 03:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LCA angle

I have 19/18 vette wheels. The front is lowered a bit. How can I get more of an angle than this. This is still not the stock angle for the LCAs even in the bottom hole of the relocation brackets.
Attached Thumbnails LCA angle-lca-angle-1.jpg   LCA angle-lca-angle-2.jpg  
Old 02-17-2012, 03:35 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Those photos are hard to judge the angle in them because of the perspective, but you can indeed increased the control arm angle. You won't find anything off the shelf, but if you take it to a good chassis shop, they should have no trouble making a custom one for a reasonable price.

- Kevin
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 02-17-2012, 07:52 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ssdungeon
I have 19/18 vette wheels. The front is lowered a bit. How can I get more of an angle than this. This is still not the stock angle for the LCAs even in the bottom hole of the relocation brackets.
Can you put an angle finder on the LCA's and let us know the angle? From the side view in your shutterfly it doesn't look like it's ultra-low.

ramey
Old 02-20-2012, 12:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I will try to do that when the weather permits again. I am pretty sure its almost level its barely slanted downward maybe a 5 degree slant or less. Before the relocation brackets the back was higher than the front of the LCA.

Besides having some other longer relocation brackets. What else will give me more of a slant. Its no where near stock at this point. Should I just raise the front of the car?
Old 02-20-2012, 07:13 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will try to do that when the weather permits again. I am pretty sure its almost level its barely slanted downward maybe a 5 degree slant or less. Before the relocation brackets the back was higher than the front of the LCA.

Besides having some other longer relocation brackets. What else will give me more of a slant. Its no where near stock at this point. Should I just raise the front of the car?
Raising the front of the car would help get the angle but I'd like to investigate a bit further.

From you sig I couldn't tell, do you have a factory rear?

And, are you having traction trouble due to the angle? Or is it just that they should be pointed downward...

ramey
Old 02-20-2012, 09:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Trying to get straight driving traction not even racing traction. Its a factory rear. I will go to the shop to see if they can get than angle but to me its really almost level. Maybe a 5-10 degree tops angle.

Originally Posted by UMI Sales
Raising the front of the car would help get the angle but I'd like to investigate a bit further.

From you sig I couldn't tell, do you have a factory rear?

And, are you having traction trouble due to the angle? Or is it just that they should be pointed downward...

ramey
Attached Thumbnails LCA angle-down-low.jpg  

Last edited by ssdungeon; 02-20-2012 at 09:09 PM.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That is a better pic of the angle. I jacked the front of the car up a little today and it looked a lot better. What shocks would you recommed to go with. I really hate going this way because I LOVE the look of the way the car sits now.

Thanks,
Old 02-21-2012, 09:56 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

That is a better pic of the angle. I jacked the front of the car up a little today and it looked a lot better. What shocks would you recommed to go with. I really hate going this way because I LOVE the look of the way the car sits now.

Thanks,
Well do you have any wheel-hop problems right now? Is traction an issue in spite of the larger tire? You may not need the extra angle if you don't currently have these problems.

If you like the way the car sits, don't sacrifice that for the angle. The amount of money you will have to spend to get the car to change its stance so you have extra LCA angle is much more than you would spend to have custom LCA brackets made. As for shocks, what are you running now?

That's my opinion.
- Kevin
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!

Quick Reply: LCA angle