Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

best shocks for the buck?????

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 03:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best shocks for the buck?????

Ive been looking around at all the aftermarket shocks out there and have been told that QA1's are the best for street use fbody's. Just wondering if anyone else knows of any decent replacements for everyday street use with some track time every now and then. Any info would be much appreciated, also looking for some slotted front rotors (mine are done for)
Old 02-17-2012, 04:12 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Well this is going to be very subjective because everyone has an opinion on shocks. What I can tell you is that QA1s are not "the best for street use" because they are a drag shock that is valved internally to see track launch conditions, not the occasional pot hole, speed bump, manhole, etc. They don't provide the comfort desired from a true street shock. That being said, I used them for 7 years and certainly tolerated them and didn't mind them very much at all - passenger are a different story.

The best bang for the buck IMHO is the Bilstein HD/SLP. WS6store can get them for a killer price or, if you're interested in combing them with springs and/or sway bars, I can get you a killer deal. The occasional track use on Bilsteins will be pretty decent - not nearly as race-ready as the QA1, but on the street you'll simply enjoy the ride. If you see yourself spending more time at the track in the future or you don't think the irregular ride will be too much of a problem for you, look into the QA1s or the more affordable Strange shocks.

Hope this helps!
Kevin
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 02-19-2012, 12:20 AM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

Like the man said, Bilsteins. Good price, great on the street and decent on the strip.
Old 02-19-2012, 03:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Yep, Bilstein are hands down the best street shock for the money for our cars.

Quick Reply: best shocks for the buck?????