Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Installed new on car adjustable trailing arms.

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 03:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Installed new on car adjustable trailing arms.

I recently bought from Founders a pair of "on car" adjustable LCA's (Or trailing arms)
They look excellent in fit and finish. I had to wait on a cartridge of Super Lube ordered from Sponn to lube the bushings before installation. Also needed to lube the used Edlebrock "on car" adjustable panhard rod. I had installed a week or so ago.

I'll be headed to a good four wheel alignment shop to get everything squared up in the next few days.

Unless some here can tell me an alignment isn't necessary.
Old 02-19-2012, 04:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 146 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by Bertbart
I recently bought from Founders a pair of "on car" adjustable LCA's (Or trailing arms)
They look excellent in fit and finish. I had to wait on a cartridge of Super Lube ordered from Sponn to lube the bushings before installation. Also needed to lube the used Edlebrock "on car" adjustable panhard rod. I had installed a week or so ago.

I'll be headed to a good four wheel alignment shop to get everything squared up in the next few days.

Unless some here can tell me an alignment isn't necessary.
For the rear end you only have thrust angle to worry about. In general the toe on the font is used to compensate for the thrust angle of the rear. You can lay the new lca's on top of the old one's and get them to the correct length.
Old 02-19-2012, 04:13 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the tip. I instictively matched the new LCA's with the old ones. So I guess i'm good to go.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:25 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bertbart
Thanks for the tip. I instictively matched the new LCA's with the old ones. So I guess i'm good to go.
If you set up the LCA's to stock specs, you're good to go.

If something weird happens you can always get it aligned.

Chances are you'll be good but it never hurts to have an alignment plan just in case.

ramey
Old 02-19-2012, 07:15 PM
Teching In

Thumbs up

Thank you Ramey. I will road test soon and if anything feels odd I will head for the alignment shop.

In a post earlier on in another thread I stated that I had purchased some suspension parts used off of craigslist. I thought that the front and rear sway bars were from BMR when in fact I've discovered they were from UMI. The sway bars work very well thank you. I believe in giving credit where credit is due.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:24 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Bertbart. Glad you like our sways.

Let me know if you have any alignment questions or other suspension needs.

Happy Monday.

ramey

Quick Reply: Installed new on car adjustable trailing arms.