Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Who has BMR Springs and removed the Spring Isolator?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 10:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Who has BMR Springs and removed the Spring Isolator?

So I just installed BMR springs and Konis. Did anyone remove the springs isolator and do the heater hose mod?

I set the car down tonite and it appears that it isnt that low. Do the springs settle some?

I was thinking I may have to do the heater hose mod.

Any pics would be great. I searched but wanted to see how many people actually removed the isolator because they were happy with the stance.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:37 PM
On The Tree

The springs should settle some, I was in the same boat as you and took out the isolater and now i'm going to be putting it back in haha. I also have a huge stereo system in the back so that may have it looking different than most with the isolater removed. I'll see if I can find a pic I snapped with my cell phone to show you what mine looks like.

It's not the best angle, and the fact I have the factory ground effects without the front probably isn't helping, but hope it gives ya an idea. I would drive the car around a bit and see how they settle first, it's pretty easy to get take out the isolater so it's not like you can't flop back and forth to see what looks best on your car
Attached Thumbnails Who has BMR Springs and removed the Spring Isolator?-img_20110802_154605.jpg  
Old 03-24-2012, 01:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SWEET98SS
So I just installed BMR springs and Konis. Did anyone remove the springs isolator and do the heater hose mod?

I set the car down tonite and it appears that it isnt that low. Do the springs settle some?

Any pics would be great. I searched but wanted to see how many people actually removed the isolator because they were happy with the stance.
Leave the isolator in there and drive your car for a few days, it will settle a bit. I thought mine was high until I drove it around. You may also notice the rear driver side is higher than the rear passenger side.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for the replies, I will leave the isolators in and see how it settles.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:40 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by SWEET98SS

Like everyone else said drive the car around and give it some time to settle. If you still think there something up afterwards let me know and we can work on getting it figured out.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 03-26-2012, 09:09 AM
Launching!

They definitely need time to settle into place a bit. I've got less than 30 miles on mine and they are slowly getting a bit lower each time I drive. New Bilstein/BMR lowering springs.

The biggest problem I'm having is the alignment, what the hell do you guys do for alignments after lowering springs? Everyone I talk to can't grasp the concept of lowering a car or how to compensate for it.

Are there specs I can just take in? I really need some advice I need an alignment TODAY lol
Old 03-26-2012, 11:56 AM
Staging Lane

Just installed my Koni 4/3's and FREEEEE BMR springs on saturday.

Note: I have the spring on the top perch of the front shock, and the rear has the stock isolators.

you can see the front is very slightly higher than the back, THIS IS RIGHT AFTER THE INSTALL...NO MILES ON THE NEW HARDWARE YET. Now just since saturday ive drove about 100 miles it is leveled out. i expect them to drop more, i'm giving them time.

BEFORE
AFTER

Old 03-26-2012, 12:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TruBloodTransAm
Leave the isolator in there and drive your car for a few days, it will settle a bit. I thought mine was high until I drove it around. You may also notice the rear driver side is higher than the rear passenger side.
Thats how my car sits, hate it, you dont notice it unless you look at each side tire to fender gap
Old 03-26-2012, 12:17 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Blackbird-WS6
Thats how my car sits, hate it, you dont notice it unless you look at each side tire to fender gap
It's called Chevy Lean! lol mine doesn't seem to do it.. or atleast i havn;t noticed yet.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Dummybait
Just installed my Koni 4/3's and FREEEEE BMR springs on saturday.

Note: I have the spring on the top perch of the front shock, and the rear has the stock isolators.

you can see the front is very slightly higher than the back, THIS IS RIGHT AFTER THE INSTALL...NO MILES ON THE NEW HARDWARE YET. Now just since saturday ive drove about 100 miles it is leveled out. i expect them to drop more, i'm giving them time.

BEFORE
AFTER

Can't see the pics.
Old 03-26-2012, 01:02 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Dummybait
It's called Chevy Lean! lol mine doesn't seem to do it.. or atleast i havn;t noticed yet.
I know in the rear I've heard people turning the spring so that the pigtail faces the another direction. My car sits level in the rear and I have the tail facing the rear on the drivers side and the front on the passenger side. Not sure if it works but I've read posts where it leveled some cars so they don't lean.
Old 03-26-2012, 01:03 PM
Staging Lane

hmm, I see the pics just fine.
Old 03-26-2012, 01:09 PM
TECH Addict

weird. anyone else not see the pics?
Old 03-26-2012, 01:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont see any pics either. I was hoping to see them to see what my car will look like when Im done. My car is currently apart until next weekend when I finish the install in the front.
Old 03-26-2012, 01:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't see the pics either but I'm on my phone (dont know it that matters or not)
Old 03-26-2012, 01:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sscamaroburn02
I know in the rear I've heard people turning the spring so that the pigtail faces the another direction. My car sits level in the rear and I have the tail facing the rear on the drivers side and the front on the passenger side. Not sure if it works but I've read posts where it leveled some cars so they don't lean.
I don't recall witch way mine are facing, I need to take a look
Old 03-26-2012, 03:14 PM
Staging Lane

ill post the pics on photobucket when i get home...

i posted them on another forum, but yuo have to be logged in to view them appearantly
Old 03-26-2012, 03:25 PM
11 Second Club

Can't see the pics either, agreed on letting the springs settle though. Maybe 100+ miles and then rethink what you want to do.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for the replies. I am going to have it running this weekend so it will be back on the ground and running. I will post pics up once i get a chance. Its got a new motor going in so go to get the bugs worked out, hopefully not too many.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:27 PM
On The Tree

Didnt read the whole thread but heres BMR lowering springs with the hose mod in the rear. When I first put them on with the Isolators left in it sat way to high in the back so I took them out right after. I love it I think it sits perfect!

[/QUOTE]

Quick Reply: Who has BMR Springs and removed the Spring Isolator?