Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Strano Springs/Bilstein Shock Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 08:42 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Strano Springs/Bilstein Shock Question

I've installed my new Strano lowering springs and Bilstein shocks on my '99 Z28. I've noted the height to the fender lip before and after the install. The rear has dropped slightly over an inch, and the front has dropped approx .75 inch. Currently the front fender lip is approx .625 inches higher than the rear. I've read here in the forum that the new springs have to "settle". Any idea how long that will take? I've only put about 10 miles on the car since I made the change this past Friday. The advertised drop is 1 - 1.2 inches all the way around, so the rears are about where they should be. The fronts are a little high yet.

One thing to note .... the new front Bilsteins did not come with any dust boots and I re-installed the original dust boot that has a spacer inside of it. Should I have not re-used that these boots?

Thanks

Bill
Old 04-15-2012, 09:38 PM
Teching In

Ive driven over speed bumps a couple of times to compress the springs a good amount to quicken the settling process a bit which works in my experience
Old 04-16-2012, 02:17 PM
Staging Lane

I didn't measure mine when I did them but the fronts will settle more once you start driving the car. My rear does sit a little lower than the front which I didn't expect but I can't complain because of how well the car handles now.

Quick Reply: Strano Springs/Bilstein Shock Question