Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors
Sponsored by
Weld Racing

Hotchkis Subframe Connectors

Old 04-18-2012, 09:23 AM   #1
Launching!
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 2
Send a message via AIM to DNTBJELOUS Send a message via Yahoo to DNTBJELOUS Send a message via Skype™ to DNTBJELOUS
Default Hotchkis Subframe Connectors

Anyone have any expeirence welding these guys into an F-Body?
I just picked up a set yesterday and am reading the instructions off the Hotchkis website. Seems pretty straight forward. Does anyone have any input on this? Anything that might be different from the instructions that anyone has ran into? Also how is the performance after they are installed?

2002 Z28 [Chicago Suburbs]
Bolt on & Cam Only
Tuned by Speed Inc.
Photographed by Understated Media
DNTBJELOUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:21 AM   #2
TECH Enthusiast
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 1

Its for structural rigidity your not gonna feel a whole lot. Make sure you know how to lay down a nice bead. if they were to fall off while driving you could create an ancient machine called the catapult and experience a whole new world of g forces u never dreamed of.
JasonWW's UMM mod, frnt springs cut for 1in. drop, 93'rear springs w/hose, Prothane'd frnt stock arms,Koni DAsx4, 32mm Frnt sway bar&poly lnks, LS1frnt brakes, Hawk Pads, WagnerUSABLANKRotors, SLP 3ptSFCs(boltin), GdyrEagle F1's on the Stockers.(245/50)

*Next mods*:22mm rear sway bar ; Fays 2 Watts hopeful in upcoming winter.
License2Ill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:39 AM   #3
Launching!
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via AIM to DNTBJELOUS Send a message via Yahoo to DNTBJELOUS Send a message via Skype™ to DNTBJELOUS

Yeah absolutely I almost don't care if it looks super pretty underneath. As long as it's held on GOOD.

Bolt on & Cam Only
Tuned by Speed Inc.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:55 AM   #4
TECH Enthusiast
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 1

You'll feel slightly on high bank curves....make sure to penetrate and your gold. Etch primer then spray over. Upgrade both your sway bars you'll really feel it all come together then.
JasonWW's UMM mod, frnt springs cut for 1in. drop, 93'rear springs w/hose, Prothane'd frnt stock arms,Koni DAsx4, 32mm Frnt sway bar&poly lnks, LS1frnt brakes, Hawk Pads, WagnerUSABLANKRotors, SLP 3ptSFCs(boltin), GdyrEagle F1's on the Stockers.(245/50)

*Next mods*:22mm rear sway bar ; Fays 2 Watts hopeful in upcoming winter.
License2Ill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:46 AM   #5
Launching!
Garage is empty, add now

Next suspension stuff I'm going to get going on would be the relocation brackets for the control arms as well as springs and shocks. So I'm sure I'll feel a difference with that. I'll post up again here over the weekend after I install them though!

Bolt on & Cam Only
Tuned by Speed Inc.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:27 PM   #6
Launching!
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 4

You will also want to have the cars weight on the tires when you weld them in as well.

94 Z28, M6-RPM Stage 3,Spec 3,Forged 383,4-bolt,12.8,LE2,Eagle 6"H beam,306 for now,42lb injectors,58 BBK,Meziere EWP, Pacesetter,BMR SFC,LCA,Panhard,k-member,spohnTA and loop
bowtiedad_z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:24 AM   #7
Launching!
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtiedad_z28 View Post
You will also want to have the cars weight on the tires when you weld them in as well.
So just have the front end jacked up then?

Does anyone know of any videos anyone has ever made putting these in or any type of install threads?

Bolt on & Cam Only
Tuned by Speed Inc.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:26 AM   #8
TECH Junkie
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 7

The Hotchkis boxed subframe connectors were my first overall modification I ever did for my Camaro way back in the day

Did I feel anything? I'm not really sure. I added these on way back when I didn't know $hit about modifying my car. Didn't matter.. I still had the crappy stock shocks. Basically swaybars, springs, shocks have a lot of effect on handling. Compared to those, subframe connectors have almost no effect on handling.

They do make good jackpoints though. I jack the whole side of my car up 1-2 feet from the middle of the SFCs without any problem.
z28bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:26 AM
LS1Tech
Pontiac Firebird

Paid Advertisement