Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Stoptech Rotors and Pads

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 04:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stoptech Rotors and Pads

Just ordered some Stoptech street performance pads and Stoptech drilled rotors (rears only) from Tirerack.com for just over 200.00. These are for my Z28. I am running a Wilwood 6 piston 13" set-up, up front.

I'll post pics of them and the install when done. Anyone else running this rotor/pad combination?
- Scoobs
Old 04-22-2012, 04:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can you post pics of the Wilwood?
Old 04-23-2012, 10:30 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm using their pads in my personal GTO with PowerSlot rotors (same metallurgy as StopTech) and I think they are the best pads I've ever used on the street. I haven't used anything better and I've used all the big name guys. No brake fade at all. None.

- Kevin
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 04-24-2012, 12:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Brian2001SS
Can you post pics of the Wilwood?
Yeah, i'll look to do that tonight when I get home.

Thanks for the info. I do some autobahn driving here and it helps to stop
Old 04-24-2012, 09:13 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by Scoobie
Yeah, i'll look to do that tonight when I get home.

Thanks for the info. I do some autobahn driving here and it helps to stop
I wrote an article about a year ago and had to interview the engineers from StopTech, Brembo, Wilwood, Baer, and a few other major performance brake companies. Brembo told me that many race cars will see 1500-degree rotor temps at the end of a braking zone....then the guys over at StopTech told me they set out to build a brake pad that wouldn't fade all the way up to 1500-degrees.

I thought to myself 'ok...soooo I want to give these a shot.' I ordered a set for my GTO and did four runs up to 130-140 down to 30mph with no fade. Several days later I took it out to a tight autocross/road course that has been really bad on my brakes when I used other pads - no fade after 8 laps. Then I went to Sebring and had no fade after 5/6 laps. All this on a street pad? I am sold on these pads for life now. There are certainly more pads out there that offer more braking torque, but there are few that can maintain consistent brake feel and performance through such a wide range in temperature and still be a good option to use on the street everyday. It is because of this that I don't run anything else on the street or at an AutoX. I do, however, use Hawk DTC-70 pads for my track duty...just nothing like their braking power.

Also, I'm speaking from personal experience. I have no affiliation with them at all. I just know how well they worked for me and since they're a relatively new pad and everyone is convinced they should use what's popular, I feel I should let everyone know about their pads. I've gotten a lot of people to convert over and every single one of them has been entirely satisfied with them.
- Kevin
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 04-24-2012, 04:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Here is a picture of the 13.06" set-up. 17" wheels needed only.
Attached Thumbnails Stoptech Rotors and Pads-wilwood-4.jpg   Stoptech Rotors and Pads-wilwood-3.jpg  
Old 04-24-2012, 04:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

BMR, I appreciate your input. I recently purchased this Fbody and it already had the Wilwood front kit on it. I shipped it over here to Germany and had to take it thru the rather tough inspection process over here. I can safely say that my front brakes passed with flying colors. My rears failed terribly. As I am not made of money and have many, many things to either replace or add to my Z28 I couldn't justify the matching wilwood rear set-up. Also, I won't be auto x-ing anytime soon. My front suspension isn't stock, but what it is, is old! lol. I've got some work to do. Tirerack said 2 weeks for delivery over here to Germany but once I have them on I'll update this thread.

Scoobs
Old 04-25-2012, 11:35 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by Scoobie
BMR, I appreciate your input. I recently purchased this Fbody and it already had the Wilwood front kit on it. I shipped it over here to Germany and had to take it thru the rather tough inspection process over here. I can safely say that my front brakes passed with flying colors. My rears failed terribly. As I am not made of money and have many, many things to either replace or add to my Z28 I couldn't justify the matching wilwood rear set-up. Also, I won't be auto x-ing anytime soon. My front suspension isn't stock, but what it is, is old! lol. I've got some work to do. Tirerack said 2 weeks for delivery over here to Germany but once I have them on I'll update this thread.

Scoobs
Cool, sounds good. You are very welcome. You may want to keep the pad combos the same and down the road order StopTech front pads if they make them.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 06-02-2012, 06:58 PM
12 Second Club

Anyone ever heard of satisfied brakes before?
Old 06-02-2012, 07:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Running Stoptech pads and they are great. Thanks to the guy at BMR who recommended them for me.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:23 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by Guitar
Running Stoptech pads and they are great. Thanks to the guy at BMR who recommended them for me.
You're welcome! I'm glad you are enjoying them. I feel that the more people who begin trying them, the less people will use the various other Hawk pads people refuse to stray from. The StopTech pads work.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!

Quick Reply: Stoptech Rotors and Pads