Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Looking to put together a good street/strip shock and spring set up

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 10:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to put together a good street/strip shock and spring set up

Like the title says im looking to put together a good street/strip set up. The car is a bolt on m6. I do some street racing and go to the strip on the weekends. Looking at doing qa1 type r in the front not sure on what spring rate to get and I probably won't swap to coil overs on the back and not sure what shocks to get and what size springs to get there either. Any help or suggestions would be helpful thanks
Old 04-29-2012, 11:54 PM
Self-Admitted Scammer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do the same thing as you, mostly fast street driving and some racing here and there. Went with Koni 4/4's, Strano Springs and swaybars. Made a hell of a difference..
Old 04-30-2012, 08:54 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

A 300lb springs will probably work the best for you but it really depends on the front end weight of the car. Have you done anything to lighten the car like get tid of the A/C or add a tubular k-member and a-arms? Have you done anything to add weight like a turbo kit, supercharger, or an iron block motor?

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 04-30-2012, 09:17 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MFCptnMorgan
Like the title says im looking to put together a good street/strip set up. The car is a bolt on m6. I do some street racing and go to the strip on the weekends. Looking at doing qa1 type r in the front not sure on what spring rate to get and I probably won't swap to coil overs on the back and not sure what shocks to get and what size springs to get there either. Any help or suggestions would be helpful thanks
The Strange or Afco shocks will be a better value for your money spent. I have all the correct spring rates for you and plenty of options on the rear setup as well. Give me a call and I will set you setup with the right parts at the best deal.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How do I find out how heavy the front of my car is? I've gotten rid of the ac that's about it for now.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:53 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

How do I find out how heavy the front of my car is? I've gotten rid of the ac that's about it for now.
If that is all you have done than I would just stick with the 300lb springs with the QA1s you want to use, it will do everything you want/need it to.. You would need to be considerably lighter to use a 275lb springs and considerably heavier to use a 325lb spring.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 05-01-2012, 08:34 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And be careful with the QA1 R's. The lower settings are still pretty firm on compression. If you're not getting air under the front tires, you're probably better off to use the standard single adjustables.

E-mail me at ramey@umiperformance.com and I can send you the dyno curves and explain.

ramey

Quick Reply: Looking to put together a good street/strip shock and spring set up